|Release||15 October 2013 (Update)|
|Quest item||Missing, Presumed Death|
|Destroy||You will be able to retrieve this book from Brother Samwell.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||A notebook to record your findings.|
- Crystals: One of the monks was impaled with multiple crystals.
- Ring: I found a ring underneath a plant at the crimescene; someone must have dropped it here.
- Arrow: There's an arrow lodged firmly in one of the trees. It has been expertly crafted with a sharp, crystal tip.
I now have enough clues to return to Brother Samwell.
- Attacker: I was able to listen to the monks' souls. One mentioned the attacker had a masked face.
- I found a witness known as the odd old man. He saw a tall, hooded figure escaping to the east.
- Necklace: I found a necklace with a symbol on the pendant; someone must have dropped it.
- Ripped cloth: There was a piece of blue cloth caught on the fence. It looks like it was torn from a plain, linen robe.
- Branded: Saradomin's symbol had been branded into the palms of the elf's hands.
I have enough clues to go to Brother Samwell.
- Attacker: The Elf's soul also mentioned a 'figure', 'shadows' and 'came out of nowhere'.
- Note: It referred to some orders and was signed with a large 'S'.
- I spoke to Blaze Sharpeye. He said the killer vanished by creating a rift that seemed to absorb light from the area.
The crystal clues don't seem to match Valina's research of the elves. Also, the crystals are extremely precious, so it would be strange for an elf to leave them behind.
The stab wound and torn cloth suggest the killer wasn't a wizard.Teleports emit light instead of absorbing it. It's more likely that the killer opened a rift to another realm or dimension.