Invention or Inventor was previously set to be the 27th skill. The name was announced at RuneFest 2013. At RuneFest 2014, however, it was mentioned that Invention could possibly be scrapped as a skill, and instead be integrated into other existing skills. During March 2015, Invention was confirmed to soon be integrated in many skills and not a standalone skill, although it may have its own ranking highscores table.
With this functionality players will be able to upgrade weapons and skilling tools. It will also be possible to create contraptions as well as lightning and soul weapons. Players will also be able to combine weapons that they already own.
Contraptions will be the artisan equivalent to divine locations. They will consume resources, producing new items in the process, such as turning logs into planks and herbs into explosives and other utilities. Mod Mark also stated that this skill would have effects on not only other NPCs, but in future quests and The Godless.
- The level 90 weapons seen in the concept art are combinations of currently existing weapons in game.
- The Magic weapon seems to be made from a Grifolic wand, Virtus wand, Seismic wand, Armadyl battlestaff, and a Mystic orb.
- The Melee weapon seems to be made from a Drygore longsword, Dharok's greataxe, Granite Maul, Bandos godsword, Dominion sword and Dragon dagger.
- The Ranged weapon seems to be made from a Ascension crossbow, Karil's crossbow, Royal crossbow, Zaryte bow and a Magic shieldbow.
- The release priority of Invention was the subject of the first Dragonstone tier Power to the Players poll in 2014. It competed against the expansion of Prifddinas for a July/August 2014 release with the losing option being released later. Invention subsequently lost the poll and will therefore be released after the additions to Prifddinas, and could be released sometime in 2015.
|Wikipedia has an article about:|