|Release date||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|XP per kill||288 (and 95 experience)|
|Examine text||An evil magic user.|
|Slayer XP||91 (18.5 on contract; 110.9 on special contract)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Vannaka|
- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, second floor, etc.
Infernal Mages are Slayer monsters that require level 45 Slayer to kill. They are sometimes killed for their common Death rune drops; otherwise, these monsters are usually neglected, even with their frequent gold charm drops, as most monsters have better charms rates.
Infernal mages are a good source of death runes, and are the only monster that drops dark mystic hats and boots.
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
Infernal Mages use a weaker version of the spell Fire Blast to attack the player, so wearing dragonhide or mage armour will reduce the damage taken. Also wearing Void Knight equipment is a good option since it has high magic defence. This attack hits a maximum of 220 life points, but hits extremely often. Protect from Magic is recommended. Bones to Peaches is recommended, too, as the bones they drop can be converted to food. They are weak to arrows, so it is advisable to bring the best bow available.
If a player stops fighting and lets a familiar attack the infernal mage, the mage will attack back with melee, no matter how far the familiar is from the mage. You cannot use a Dwarf multicannon on any infernal mages due to the fact that they are only found in the Chaos Tunnels and the Slayer Tower, and neither of them allow the use of cannons.
- Head slot: Full Slayer Helmet (if on task) > Armadyl helmet > God Coifs
- Amulet setup: Saradomin's murmur > Amulet of fury/Amulet of ranging > Amulet of glory
- Torso slot: Armadyl chestplate > Royal d'hide body > Black d'hide body
- Legs slot: Armadyl chainskirt* > Royal d'hide chaps > Black d'hide chaps
- Boots slot: Glaiven boots > Armadyl boots > Spined boots Ranger boots > Snakeskin boots/Carapace boots
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 297
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 47,071 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Staff 1 Common 93 Staff of fire 1 Uncommon 613 Lava battlestaff 1 Rare 9,683 Mystic fire staff 1 Rare 24,084 Mystic hat (dark) 1 Rare 11,000 Mystic boots (dark) 1 Rare 22,384
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Earth rune 5, 10, 18, 36 Common 65–468 Fire rune 10, 18 Common 460–828 Death rune 7 Common 1,183 Blood rune 4, 7 Uncommon 1,288–2,254 Air rune 10, 18 Uncommon 240–432 Mind rune 18 Uncommon 108 Water rune 10, 18 Uncommon 260–468 Body rune 18 Uncommon 126
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 1, 2, 4, 29 Common Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- They have the same walking and idle animation as pirates.
- Their attacks register about 1.5 seconds after the spell actually hits the player.
- They are the only human foes who require a slayer level to attack.