|Release date||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|XP per kill||288 (and 95 experience)|
|Examine text||An evil magic user.|
|Slayer XP||96 (?? on contract; 110.9 on special contract)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Vannaka|
- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, second floor, etc.
Infernal Mages are Slayer monsters that require level 45 Slayer to kill. They are sometimes killed for their common Death rune drops; otherwise, these monsters are usually neglected, even with their frequent gold charm drops, as most monsters have better charms rates.
Infernal mages are a good source of death runes, and are the only monster that drops dark mystic hats and boots.
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
Infernal Mages use a weaker version of the spell Fire Blast to attack the player, so wearing dragonhide or mage armour will reduce the damage taken. Also wearing Void Knight equipment is a good option since it has high magic defence. This attack hits a maximum of 208 life points, but hits extremely often. Protect from Magic is recommended. Bones to Peaches is recommended, too, as the bones they drop can be converted to food. They are weak to arrows, so it is advisable to bring the best bow available.
If a player stops fighting and lets a familiar attack the infernal mage, the mage will attack back with melee, no matter how far the familiar is from the mage. You cannot use a Dwarf multicannon on any infernal mages due to the fact that they are only found in the Chaos Tunnels and the Slayer Tower, and neither of them allow the use of cannons.
- Head slot: Full Slayer Helmet (if on task) > Armadyl helmet > God Coifs
- Amulet setup: 'Saradomin's Murmur ' > Amulet of fury/Amulet of ranging > Amulet of glory
- Torso slot: Armadyl chestplate > Royal d'hide body > Black d'hide body
- Legs slot: Armadyl chainskirt* > Royal d'hide chaps > Black d'hide chaps
- Boots slot: Glaiven boots > Armadyl boots > Spined boots Ranger boots > Snakeskin boots/Carapace boots
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 214
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 41,198 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Staff 1 Common 224 Staff of fire 1 Uncommon 695 Lava battlestaff 1 Rare 9,767 Mystic fire staff 1 Rare 25,264 Mystic hat (dark) 1 Rare 9,008 Mystic boots (dark) 1 Rare 18,966
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Earth rune 5, 10, 18, 36 Common 55–396 Fire rune 10, 18 Common 220–396 Death rune 7 Common 728 Blood rune 4, 7 Uncommon 908–1,589 Air rune 10, 18 Uncommon 270–486 Mind rune 18 Uncommon 72 Water rune 10, 18 Uncommon 190–342 Body rune 18 Uncommon 90
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 1, 2, 4, 29 Common Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Very rare Not sold
- They have the same walking and idle animation as pirates.
- Their attacks register about 1.5 seconds after the spell actually hits the player.
- Unlike other monsters, the first letter of the second word is capitalized. This may be an oversight from Jagex.
- They are the only human foe who require a slayer level.
- They appear to be wearing a cross of dark Mystic robes and Dagon 'hai robes.