In Puro-Puro, a net and empty jars are required to catch any implings. They can be caught with a butterfly net, magic butterfly net, sacred clay butterfly net, or volatile clay butterfly net. Jars can be exchanged and bought from Elnock Inquisitor in Puro-Puro or generated with a jar generator. In Gielinor, they can also be caught barehanded and without an empty impling jar, allowing players to catch implings without having to run back to the bank to get a net and jars.
Implings have the ability to fly over any body of water or lava, but not over obstacles that are labelled with a line on the minimap. They will occasionally teleport to a nearby area. They can sometimes spawn inside some thick walls, for example the wall east of Taverley that runs north to south. This would make them impossible to catch, and potentially be considered a glitch if not for their ability to teleport. They can be found even in some isolated areas, such as Runecrafting altars.
Players can use the spells Bind, Snare, and Entangle to keep an impling from moving further away. This can be useful when in Puro-Puro, or to keep an impling from flying over a body of water. Unlike butterflies, catching implings barehanded does not require a certain Agility level, but having a higher Agility level results in a higher success rate.
Types of implingsEdit
A wandering impling roams around the large wheat field in Zanaris. He cannot be caught, but he introduces players to the Impetuous Impulses minigame in an eccentric manner and will show players the location of the two other portals outside of Puro-Puro.
Another visually identical impling, Immenizz, can be found near the centre of Puro-Puro. He will explain briefly why implings might be hiding what humans may want. Fairy Aeryka is found near the wandering impling, and she will also give her version of what implings are, and what is in Puro-Puro.
|Impling|| XP in|
| XP in|
This list is likely incomplete.
- Five implings in the Al Kharid mining site resource dungeon (75 Dungeoneering required).
- North-west of Seers' Village above the coal truck shed.
- Outside of Castle Wars by the small Summoning Obelisk.
- Around Draynor Village, mainly near the marketplace.
- Around the entrance to the Ourania dungeon.
- Outside the eastern gate of Varrock (eclectic implings and lower only).
- Inside the Zanaris marketplace.
- Outside the west entrance of Yanille.
- Several spawn in Mos Le'Harmless.
- At the east wall of Taverley.
- Between the Oak tree and two normal trees just west of the bank in Catherby.
- At the entrance to the Kharazi Jungle.
- Around Fenkenstrain's Castle.
- Near the bar at the Desert Bandit Camp
- At the Rellekka Hunter area, usually coming in from the east. They also rarely spawn in the area itself.
- Inside the tortoise pen in the Tree Gnome Stronghold (higher level implings more common here).
- South of the bridge to Paterdomus on the River Salve.
- Around Mobilising Armies and as far as the jungle strykewyrm location and eucalyptus forest.
- Near the magic carpet in Pollnivneach.
- In the enclave west of the Lletya gates, just past the tripwire.
- Near the Falador north wall.
- At the northwesternmost entrance to White Wolf Mountain.
- North of Ardougne, just south of the moss giants and north of the warrior women.
- At the north wall of the Black Knights' Fortress.
- Just outside the Piscatoris Fishing Colony.
- South of the Al Kharid Palace.
- Around the East Ardougne church.
- Inside the Gorajo resource dungeon there are several implings that spawn, including having a relatively high chance of spawning the crystal impling (95 Dungeoneering required).
- While skilling in Menaphos there is a chance for implings to spawn with the message "A creature is discovered while skilling." The impling will only be visible for the player for whom it spawns.
- Implings can pass through the dense jungle blocking the entrance to the Kharazi Jungle.