This quest has a quick guide, found here, which briefly summarises the steps needed to complete the quest.
|Release date||16 February 2001 (Update)|
- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, second floor, etc.
Imp Catcher is a fully voice acted low levelled quest that starts in the Wizards' Tower, but can take the player all over RuneScape in search of Wizard Grayzag's imps, who have stolen Wizard Mizgog's beads.
|“||The Wizard Grayzag has summoned hundreds of little imps. They have stolen a lot of things belonging to the Wizard Mizgog, including his magic beads.||”|
|Start point|| |
Wizards' Tower, on the first floor (ascend the beam once), talk to Wizard Mizgog.
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat||
Mizgog's Little Helper.Edit
Make your way to the Wizards' Tower, south of Draynor Village over a stone bridge. Ascend the beam in the centre of the tower once to reach the first floor. Talk to Wizard Mizgog and ask him what's wrong to find out he needs your help. He will tell you Wizard Grayzag's imps have stolen his beads and wants you to get them back for him. He needs you to get:
Method 1: Killing imps.Edit
If you are planning an expedition to kill imps for beads, you might want to pack an activated impious urn, which will automatically collect the impious ashes of dead imps, in your travel kit. The urn can be redeemed for prayer experience after it has been filled with ashes.
A good place to kill imps is the volcano at Musa Point on the island of Karamja. There are many imps here but also scorpions, so it can be dangerous if you are not very strong. There are no scorpions on the west side of the volcano, and the imps of Karamja can be safely pursued there. Another safe place is the area between the Tower of Life and the Kandarin Monastery. There are 5-6 imps here and no dangerous monsters to contend with. However, the area is wooded and will require considerable running around to attack the imps.
Another safe place, open to free-to-play players, is the south entrance of Falador, which has around 3 imp respawns. There are also some around the outskirts of Lumbridge. Keep killing imps until you have all four beads on you. The imps will sometimes teleport short distances, making them very annoying to combat.
Another safe place, is the area between the Monastery south of Ardougne and the Tower of Life quest start.
For higher-level players, a good place to find Imps in large quantity is the resource dungeon inside the Karamja Volcano. If a player has a Dungeoneering level of 25, they may enter the dungeon and will find up to eleven imps wandering inside, along with fourteen lesser demons.
Method 2: Purchasing them from the Grand ExchangeEdit
Alternatively a player can buy all four beads in the Grand Exchange for 16,756.
If you do not want to/cannot buy the beads and do not want to have to spend a long time killing imps, it may be a good idea to start this before other quests and simply kill any imps you see on your travels.
Returning the beadsEdit
Once you have all four beads, return to Wizard Mizgog and give them to him to finish the quest. He will be overjoyed that you have returned his beads, and put them on his desk.
Congratulations! Quest Complete!
- 1 Quest Point
- An amulet of accuracy
- 875 experience
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys for use in Treasure Hunter
- 2 Hearts of Ice for use in Treasure Hunter
- Wizard Mizgog will from now on sell you amulets of accuracy for 5000 coins.
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Imp Catcher is required for the following:
- Developer: Greg V
- Quality Assurance: Ben L
- Graphics: Matthew M
- After completing the quest, if you talk to Juna, your character will say, "...It took some time, but I finally got all four beads back, and Mizgog gave me a reward." to which she replies, "Imps! I remember the age of great war, when armies of Zamorak's imps bloodied the ankles of the other gods' creatures."
- This quest was not a prerequisite for any other quest until the release of Quiet Before the Swarm over 9 years later.
- Upon completion of the quest the player's Adventurer's Log will read: "After scouring the world for imps, I managed to collect enough beads to satisfy the wizard Grayzag."
- This quest is the shortest quest in Runescape. The player can buy all of the beads from the Grand Exchange prior to starting the quest, Talk to Wizard Mizgog, talk to him again, and then they will complete the quest.
The Blood Pact • Cook's Assistant • The Death of Chivalry • Death Plateau • Demon Slayer • Druidic Ritual • Ernest the Chicken • Goblin Diplomacy • Gunnar's Ground • Imp Catcher • Let Them Eat Pie • Myths of the White Lands • Pirate's Treasure • The Restless Ghost • Rune Mysteries • Shadow over Ashdale • Shield of Arrav • Stolen Hearts • Swept Away • Vampyre Slayer • Wolf Whistle • What's Mine is Yours
|Removed or significantly changed|
Italics denote that the removed quest was later made into a miniquest.