|Release||31 May 2016 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? You can get a replacement from the Loyalty Shop.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||Increases all experience gained by 10%, or 100% every 5th activation. Only active until September 9th, 2017.|
Illumination aura is a legendary aura that is usable from 1 June to 8 September annually, boosting all base experience gained by an additional 10% while active; 100% on every fifth activation of the aura. The aura can be activated for up to an hour each day, resetting at 00:00 UTC. It stacks with bonus experience, pulse cores, clan avatars, and the wise perk. Currently, attempting to activate the aura produces the message "This aura's power has completely depleted."
The Illumination aura is a tier 5 aura, given as a replacement for the Enlightenment aura. Purchasers of the 2016 Summer Package were awarded an Illumination aura. However, Gold Premier Club 2016 members can retain the aura if they have had the aura during the summer promotion.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The aura boosts the base experience gained by players 10%, 100% every fifth activation, rather than multiplying the experience gained.
- Boosts that stack with the aura
- Bonus experience
- Experience-boosting sets
- Runecrafting experience from the Yellow wizard
- Runecrafting experience from turning in rune dust to the Runesphere
- Clan avatar bonuses
- Player-owned house altars; other experience boosts, such as clan avatars or Prayer bonus experience will be disabled on altars.
- Raf xp boost scroll
- Advanced pulse core
- Boosts that do not stack with the aura
- Experience lamps
- Distractions and Diversions rewards
- Experience from The Pit
- The Ectofuntus
- Brawling gloves
- Demonic skull
- Goldsmith gauntlets
- Dragon slayer gloves
Disassembling augmented equipment or Invention devices does not award bonus experience when using the aura. However, experience gained from researching new blueprints at an Inventor's workbench is benefited.
- Before the release of the aura, it was planned to disable all experience bonuses during 10% activation and any bonus experience you would have earned would have been given as a lump of sum once the activation ends. During 100% activation all bonus experience usage would have been disabled entirely and would have not be given as a lump sum once the activation ends.
- Players in Ironman Mode could obtain the Illumination aura to compete in the Summer HiScores list, but did not benefit from the aura's experience boosts.
- While active, the Illumination aura displays a pair of wings and a gaze effect if the player has not overridden either cosmetic manually.
- ^ http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?309,310,41,65796843
- ^ Mod Shauny. RE: Illumination Aura. reddit.com. 31 May 2016.*