The ignore list has a capacity of 200 players for free players and 400 for members.
If the ignore list is filled to a near-full capacity, glitches will begin to occur in which the phrases and/or words inside the list begin to stack on top of each other.
- Some players used the Ignore list to make personal notes as well as fairy ring codes; however, this is now obsolete due to the 8 July 2009 updates that brought the ability to use Notes.
- On the 8th of July 2009, along with the Mobilising Armies update, the Ignore list icon has an update to its appearance.
- On the 8th of July 2009, a glitch was discovered; by clicking 'Add ignore' and adding your own username with a space or underscore before or after it, you were able to add yourself to your ignore list. As a result, any messages you typed were hidden and you were rendered unable to enter your own clan chat. This glitch has since been fixed.
- As of 1 October 2009, you can no longer write down notes/ add non existing names to your ignore list. Any names that didn't exist before this update on a players ignore list have a star next to the name.
- Messages sent from a player before being ignored will still be visible to the player who added them to the list.
- Players on the ignore list can still see messages sent from the player who added them to the list.
- Somewhere in June 2011, non-existent names (added prior 1 October 2009) were renamed to "#Friendn", where n is a number which indicates the index in the Ignore list, starting from zero.