Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|Location||North-east of the Sorcerer's Tower|
|Sells items||Ignatius's Hot Deals|
|Examine|| The Master of Fire!|
Ignatius Vulcan is a non-player character who wanders around in the forest north-east of the Sorcerer's Tower making fires. He claims that he neglected his combat skills, as well as Mining, and questing, in order to become the master of Firemaking. He has such skill in Firemaking that whenever he lights a fire, no ashes remain.
For players with level 99 in Firemaking, Ignatius sells the firemaking cape for 99,000 coins. He also owns his own store, Ignatius's Hot Deals, selling items related to Firemaking. Players with level 120 in Firemaking can also buy a Firemaking master cape for 120,000 coins.
|“||I gave a pile (of cursed magic logs) to my good friend Blaze, who used them to light a beacon. Before he could put the fire out, the smoke had formed into the shape of the King Black Dragon! Varrock was thrown into a complete state of panic, and poor Blaze had his wages docked.||”|
— Ignatius Vulcan Postbag from the Hedge 36
- He was introduced into the game at the same time as the Capes of Accomplishment, as Jagex could not find another NPC who was appropriately associated with Firemaking to sell the skillcape.
- It is revealed in The Firemaker's Curse that he is partners with Sera.
- The name "Ignatius" comes from the Latin word ignis, which means fire. Similarly, the name "Vulcan" comes from the Latin word vulcānus, who is the Roman god of fire and metalworking.
- He, along with Ajjat and Kaqemeex are the only cape sellers to wear a trimmed version of their cape.
- The fires he lights cannot be used as bonfires to train Firemaking with, and when you examine them it says "Hot!" instead of "A (log type) log fire". Also, his fires have not been graphically updated and players can only cook on them.
- When he makes a fire, he uses the old animation of making a fire.
- He seems to be wearing an old version of the gilded armour set.