|Release date||3 March 2003 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Underground Pass|
|High Alch||25,500 (12 if broken) coins|
|Low Alch||17,000 (8 if broken) coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||An ancient staff, formerly the property of Iban.|
Iban's staff is obtained by defeating the evil mage Iban in the Underground Pass quest and requires 50 Magic to wield. Its stats are typical of a mid-range staff, being on par with the lunar staff. It does not provide unlimited runes of any kind. It does, however, have a special attack known as Iban Blast, which deals 100-250% spell damage, and drains 25% adrenaline or special attack energy. It can be chained together up to four times in a row to deal a devastating amount of damage.
If the staff is lost, the player must kill a Disciple of Iban and he will drop a broken Iban's staff. The disciples will not drop the broken staff if the player already possesses an unbroken or broken Iban's staff. The broken staff can be repaired by the Dark mage near the entrance of the Underground Pass for 200,000 coins.
Killing a Disciple of Iban while wielding the staff is required to complete an easy task in the Tirannwn task set. It is highly recommended to complete this task first if a player plans to alchemise or discard the staff.
|Compare item|| |
A player wielding iban's staff
|[view] • [talk]|
Before the Evolution of Combat, Iban's staff could be used like any magic staff to cast attack spells and has the autocast for these spells. Iban's staff was needed to cast the Iban Blast spell, and was also able to autocast that spell. The staff had 120 charges in which to cast Iban Blast. Once the charges were exhausted, the staff couldn't cast Iban Blast but could still be used as a magic staff for other spells. One charge was used when the staff was used to blast an NPC with Iban Blast, and two charges were used when the staff is used to blast a player.
The staff could be recharged fully at the Flames of Zamorak well at the third level in the Underground Pass dungeon by using the staff on the well to recharge it. There are three practical routes to get to the well:
- From the dungeon's West Ardougne entrance, the well is the first one past the three level 62 paladins.
- From the dungeon's Isafdar entrance, climb down the Well of Voyage, enter the large cavern that contains Iban's disciples. Walk to the north-eastern most corner of the cavern. Open the door with the large skull above it. Inside you will find a well with 3 skeletons on the ground around it. Use Iban's staff on this well to recharge it.
The Isafdar entrance is the much faster route but to use it requires, in addition to the Underground Pass quest, the Regicide quest. Also, the Isafdar entrance itself can be reached quickly by first teleporting to Lletya, but this requires a crystal teleport seed and thus the partial completion of the Mourning's Ends Part I quest.
- The fastest method to reach the well becomes available after the Mourning's Ends Part II quest. Players can use the Abyss, or the wicked hood (after feeding a death talisman to the hood), to go to the Death Altar and leave via the portal there, arriving deep in the Temple of Light. From the room they appear in, they can use the crevice there to enter the cavern with Iban's temple. There, climb a set of stairs to the cavern's upper level and go to the room to the north-east of the cave.
Dropping monsters Edit
|Disciple of Iban||64||1||Always|
- It is unique in that equipping it yields a message in the chatbox: "You equip the staff of Iban."
- The staff could not be made to hold more than 120 charges even if you got more than one, as they shared the same charge count. In addition, the staff could not be repaired in a player-owned house.