For the music track, see Iban (music track).
|Release date||3 March 2003 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Underground Pass|
|Examine|| The great and dreadful Lord Iban.|
|Notable features||Self-proclaimed son of Zamorak|
Not much is known about Iban's early life, apart from being a noble and enjoying the finer things in life. He later joined the Kinshra and trained under Lord Daquarius himself. Despite his superior skills in combat he was surrounded and slain by White Knights. However, an evil witch found his lifeless corpse and resurrected him. In the year 168 of the Fifth Age, he made his way to the Underground Pass and corrupted it, turning it into a realm of terror. King Lathas describes him as a "crazy lunatic who believes he is the son of Zamorak". According to Gwir, Iban is known to even the elves, who dare not enter the Underground Pass, following the losses they have suffered there in times of old. One thing that players must note is that the underground pass existed long before Iban claimed it, so what the elves may be afraid of is the inherent danger of the area.
Iban's followers consist of the human Disciples of Iban, the Soulless, and a small tribe of goblins, possibly the tribe that Bandos sold to Zamorak. Along with this, there are many 'blessed' creatures in the pass that are described as Iban's pets. In the case of his followers near his throne room, they are notable for their white hair and Zamorak robes.
Underground Pass Edit
During the Underground Pass quest, the player must kill Iban, to free the Pass for travel. To kill him, the player must throw the completed Doll of Iban into the well in his chamber, whilst being under attack from randomly-moving magical spells.
Affiliated items Edit
- Father Lawrence, Ulizius and the priest in East Ardougne church have a symbol similar to that of Iban on their vesments.
- Although he is a Zamorakian, Iban helps King Tyras by preventing Lathas from reaching his brother in the elf lands, either accidentally or intentionally. His apparent insanity suggests that he had no intent of halting the plans of another ally with Zamorak, but simply sought to corrupt all that entered the dungeon to his will.
- Iban's favourite animal could possibly be a Dark beast. It is shown at his temple two statues of dark beasts. At the entrance to the Underground pass it resembles a Dark beast's head. The skeletal head near the well also resembles a dark beast.
- Kardia could be thought of as Iban's mother since Kardia was the one who brought him to life and gave him his powers through a dark ritual.
- In Daemonheim some skeletons have Iban's symbol on their clothes. Strangly enough, Daemonheim existed before Iban, so perhaps Iban adopted the symbol.
- Although the book History of Iban says that he lived as a warrior, when he was brought back to life by Kardia, he somehow gained immense powers of necromancy and other dark magics and gave up the sword completely.