|Release||15 September 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||A cape worn by those who've achieved 99 in all skills.|
The hooded max cape is obtained by combining a max cape with a max hood. It is available to players who have attained at least 99 in all 27 skills (it does not require 120 in Dungeoneering, Invention, or Slayer). It has an emote which shows off the player's expertise in each skill. The minimum Total Level a player needs for max cape is 2673. When the cape is purchased, it comes along with a corresponding hood, which can be combined to create a hooded max cape. The minimum amount of experience required to wear this cape is 374,968,717.
There are two ways to buy the cape and hood, the first way is by locating Max. He will move from location to location in eastern Varrock. Once spotted, Max will offer to sell qualified players this cape for 2,673,000 coins, which is 99,000 coins (the price of a typical skill cape) times 27 (the number of skills). The second way is to simply just buy it from Elen Anterth in the Max Guild.
The hooded max cape can be used to teleport to the Max Guild an unlimited number of times provided the owner has completed Plague's End.
Although the Max cape might be considered to be the second best cape in the game (first being the completionist cape), there are some exceptions worth noting:
- The god capes from the Mage Arena provide a higher magic bonus (31 vs 26).
- The TokHaar-Kal-Ket provides a higher melee style bonus (31 vs 26).
- The TokHaar-Kal-Mej provides a higher magic bonus (31 vs 26).
- The TokHaar-Kal-Xil provides a higher ranged style bonus (31 vs 26).
- The Reefwalker's cape provides a 200 life point bonus and a higher armour rating (62 vs 44).
- The Superior reefwalker's cape provides a 300 life point bonus and a higher armour rating (65 vs 44).
- The Dragon Rider cape provides a higher prayer bonus (6 vs 5).
|Armour||44||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The colours of a max cape can be customised by using the option in the right-click menu of the cape. In the Skillcape Customiser interface, players have the right-click option on the either of the four colour palettes to get or set a certain colour via the HSL colour algorithm (hue, saturation, and luminosity).
The following table outlines the cape emote describing how the various 27 skills are incorporated.
|Dungeoneering||A massive boulder warps onto the ground in front of the player.|
|Thieving||The player picks a lock on a chain around the boulder.|
|Woodcutting||The player chops away a tree on the left side of the rock using an inferno adze.|
|Firemaking||The wood from the tree burns away in the air due to the power of the inferno adze.|
|Construction||The player cuts away excess rock using a saw on the right side.|
|Mining||The player mines away excess rock in front using a crystal pickaxe.|
|Fletching||The player uses a blessed hatchet to carve a tree branch into the creature's right arm.|
|Farming||The player uses a watering can to water a seed that grows into the creature's left arm.|
|Smithing||The player removes excess rock on the front of the creature's right leg with a hammer.|
|Crafting||The player chips details onto the back of the creature with a chisel and hammer.|
|Invention||An augmentor appears on the creature's chest as the player shoots a wisp.|
|Divination||The player charges the rock creature by shooting a wisp into it.|
|Runecrafting||The player imbues the face of a death rune onto the creature.|
|Summoning||The player summons spirit energy and binds it to the creature, awakening it.|
|Constitution||The player eats a fish to restore life points.|
|Fishing||The fish that the player eats also represents fishing.|
|Cooking||The fish that the player eats also represents cooking.|
|Herblore||The player drinks a potion.|
|Prayer||The player activates the turmoil curse.|
|Agility||The player evades an attack with a forward roll.|
|Hunter||The player catches a grey chinchompa with their left hand.|
|Ranged||The player throws the grey chinchompa at the creature's face.|
|Defence||The player dodges a blow from the creature's right arm.|
|Magic||The player casts a fire spell at the creature.|
|Attack||The player accurately grabs the creature around the neck with an abyssal whip.|
|Strength||The player pulls the massive creature forward with the whip.|
|Slayer||The player successfully slays the creature with the whip.|
- The cape's emote used to be the longest emote in RuneScape, lasting 20 seconds, until the addition of the 15th Anniversary Dance emote.
- The emote can be performed even if the player has not done the quests The Temple at Senntisten for Turmoil, Mourning's End Part II for making death runes, Animal Magnetism for the blessed hatchet, Plague's End for the crystal pickaxe or the All Fired Up minigame for the Inferno adze; all of which are visible in the emote.
- The cape features the first emote that temporarily creates NPCs for the purposes of the emote who can then be examined.
- The cape turns to 2,673,000 coins if the player dies in the Wilderness.