|Release||16 March 2015 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by masters of the art of Defence.|
The hooded defence cape is a Cape of Accomplishment for the Defence skill with a defence hood attached. It is the hooded version of the defence cape. It's made by using the defence hood on the defence cape, which can be reversed with the right-click "Detach" option. It requires level 99 Defence to wear
The Defence cape can be easy to acquire compared to other combat skill capes because it can be trained with every combat style.
The cape also has an emote, lasting 5.42 seconds, during which the player uses shields to defend from various attacks such as arrows and rocks. The Defence cape must be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Defence, the Defence cape will turn into a Hooded defence cape (t), which is the trimmed version of the original cape. The Defence cape (t) has a cream-coloured trim.
Talking to Harlan gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a dragon keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Hooded defence cape's perk provides the effects of a sign of life/portent of life whilst it is not on cooldown. All Capes of Accomplishment can be added to a max cape, completionist cape, or trimmed completionist cape, after which players may choose to enable up to three perks.
- Currently, 207,805 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The lowest combat level possible to achieve 99 Defence at is 27.
- This cape's emote was changed and received a graphics update as well on 25 May 2010.
- This cape is one of the capes that got an almost completely different emote. The others were the Attack cape, Thieving cape, and Constitution cape.
- The Defence cape still bears the old Defence skill icon.