|Release||16 March 2015 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by the world's best chefs.|
The Hooded cooking cape is a Cape of Accomplishment for the Cooking skill with a cooking hood attached. It's made by using the cooking hood on the cooking cape, which can be reversed with the right-click "Detach" option. It requires level 99 Cooking to wear.This cape can also be used to enter the Cooks' Guild instead of a Varrock armour 3 or a Chef's hat.
The cape is considered one of the easiest Capes of Accomplishment to get due to its simplicity and fast experience rate. In cases of high level players, it is possible to get up to 400,000 experience per hour. This has led to the belief that it is a "catalyst" 99. Such 99s are skills that are trained after a harder 99 has been achieved and the player wishes to easily trim his/her cape without much effort.
The cape has an emote, lasting 14 seconds, during which the player makes a meat pie. It is the longest level 99 cape emote in the game. The Cooking cape must be equipped in order to perform the emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Cooking, the hooded cooking cape will turn into a Hooded cooking cape (t), which is the trimmed version of the original cape. The Cooking cape (t) has a red trim.
Talking to Head chef gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a dragon keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Hooded cooking cape's perk causes players to be unable to burn food whilst cooking. All Capes of Accomplishment can be added to a max cape, completionist cape, or trimmed completionist cape, after which players may choose to enable up to three perks.
- Currently, 199,479 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The Cooking Skill cape, with a duration of 14.2 seconds, was the longest emote in RuneScape, until the Max cape was released on 3 May 2011, lasting 25 seconds.
- The Cooking cape's trim is the similar to the Slayer cape's.
- The base colour of the cape is close to portal purple, a colour in Thessalia's Fine Clothes in Varrock.
- There was a glitch with the emote where the meat goes through the pan and the pie top lands onto your hand. It was later patched.