|Release||20 August 2003 (Update)|
|Quest item||Legends Quest|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||A vial of holy water, good against certain demons.|
Holy water has the base damage and accuracy of a level 50 weapon. It has a passive effect that vastly increases its hit chance against demons (even more so after the Dimension of Disaster upgrade), similarly to the Silverlight and Darklight. It also has a damage bonus although it only works on lesser, greater and black demons. When used, smashed glass is left behind.
Holy water is exceptionally useful when fighting tormented demons, as it lowers their fire shield just as Darklight would. Traditionally, Darklight would be used on the shield instead, but their melee prayer would have to be dealt with first. Because the demons do not initially protect against Ranged, one can simply throw a vial of holy water and immediately proceed to fight as normal. Holy water is also useful in that one can swap between magic and range without entering melee distance or leaving one's safespot.
Holy water is an excellent weapon to use against Demon Flash Mob. Its accuracy boost on demons over conventional weapons makes defeating the bosses much easier. The minions seem to be extremely weak to holy water; one can regularly reach the maximum damage cap without the effect of Death's Swiftness.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 2.4 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Holy water will provide increased accuracy against the following creatures:
Holy water will provide increased damage against the following creatures:
Making holy waterEdit
The making of Holy water is learned during the Legends Quest. It cannot be made by players who have not made sufficient progress into the quest.
- Smith 2 gold bars with a hammer (the one on the tool belt works) into a gold bowl at an anvil.
- Summon Gujuo with a bull roarer in the Kharazi Jungle to have him bless the bowl into a blessed gold bowl. Blessed gold bowls can be reused.
- Use a machete (tool belt works) to cut a reed by the water pool in the Kharazi jungle.
- Use the reed on the pool to fill the bowl, turning it into a golden bowl.
- Use a Binding book on an empty vial to create an enchanted vial. Enchanted vials do not stack in inventory.
- Use the filled bowl on an enchanted vial. Each bowl can fill up to 15 enchanted vials. Vials of holy water stack in inventory.
Players can fill up to 27 bowls at a time using one inventory slot for the reed. Since leaving the jungle on foot with filled bowls makes the water disappear, players must teleport out of the jungle or use Magic notepaper in order to bank filled bowls.
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- In the In Memory of the Myreque miniquest, the player suggests that Vampyres dislike holy water as was shown during The Branches of Darkmeyer. However, vampyres do not have any vulnerabilities to this weapon.
- Holy water became a tier 50 weapon, up from tier 5, on 16 May 2016. Its passive effect against demons was lessened to compensate. The production process was also changed to be less tedious.
Main-hand thrown weapons