Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||12 July 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||180 coins|
|Low alch||120 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Exchange||750 coins (info)|
|Examine||A blessed holy symbol of Saradomin.|
A Holy symbol is a silver symbol blessed to imbue it with the sacred power of Saradomin.
Players can make holy symbols indirectly through the Crafting skill.
A player must first use a silver bar with a furnace while they have a holy mould in their inventory or tool belt. This requires a Crafting level of 16 or higher. This will give the player an unstrung symbol and they will receive 50 crafting experience. Then the player must string the symbol with a ball of wool, giving the player 4 crafting experience and making the unstrung holy symbol into an unblessed symbol. Then the symbol must be blessed by Brother Jered on the first floor of the Edgeville Monastery (which requires level 31 Prayer) or, for members, by using a Holy book or Book of balance with it. To bless the symbol using one of the books, a player must have a Prayer level of 50 or higher. Blessing uses up 40 prayer points.
Monsters in the Lumbridge catacombs drop holy symbols frequently.
Davon in Brimhaven will buy blessed holy symbols from players, paying the Grand Exchange rate. He used to offer a starting price of 225 coins (decreasing as his stock increased), potentially allowing players to make a profit reselling items bought off the GE. This is no longer possible.
The Monk of Zamorak will not speak to any player wearing a Holy Symbol.
Wearing a holy symbol in the God Wars Dungeon will prevent attack by Saradomin-aligned creatures.
Once blessed, the unblessed holy symbol becomes simply a holy symbol, and provides the bonuses below.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Skeleton (Lumbridge Catacombs)||11||1||Rare|
|Skoblin||14; 15; 28||1||Uncommon|
|Icefiend||13; 17; 18; 132||1||Uncommon|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Davon's Amulet Store||300||Coins||0||Yes|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||82.4%|
- Brother Brace on Tutorial Island seems to be wearing a golden holy symbol, along with Brother Jered and other monks in the Edgeville Monastery. However, this is just a design which is part of the monk's robe. A monk's robe can be obtained from a respawn on the higher level of the monastery (requires level 31 prayer).
- The holy symbol used to be silver, like its inventory icon, but has been changed to a golden colour when worn.