|Release date||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||It will miraculously return to the reliquary in the basement of the Citharede Abbey.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||The Holy Cithara of Saint Elspeth.|
The Holy Cithara is an object that can be found within the holy reliquary in the basement of the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede after meeting several of Saint Elspeth's requirements. Receiving the Holy cithara for the first time rewards the player with 50,000 prayer experience. The Holy cithara has a right-click play option which, upon clicking, will make the player play the cithara energetically for a few seconds. Other players are able to hear the cithara as you play it. "Cithara" (Κιθάρα) is Greek for lyre. You can only use the Cithara's emote when not sheathed.
Attempting to take the Cithara will result in receiving damage equal to
(current lifepoints - 1) unless the player is wearing at least six Saradomin items. This means that a player cannot die while attempting to take the Cithara, but one will not succeed in collecting the Cithara unless one brings the required number of holy items, along with a ring of visibility and a Ghostspeak amulet or Cramulet (or has completed the Morytania Hard Tasks). See below for more detailed information on how to obtain the Cithara.
|[view] • [talk]|
Obtaining the Holy CitharaEdit
To obtain the Holy Cithara a player must wear a variety of equipment and meet certain "Holy" requirements:
- Equip a Ring of visibility, a Ghostspeak amulet/Cramulet, and 6 pieces of acceptable Saradomin equipment that are owned by you, not borrowed.
- 100% run Energy
- Must not be on Ancient Curses or Ancient Magicks
- 100% prayer points (i.e., boosted above maximum fails to work) - the altar upstairs can be used for recharging your prayer.
- No items aligned with another god may be equipped or in your inventory.
These items are acceptable pieces of Saradomin Equipment:
|Item slot||Acceptable Item|
|Ring slot||Ring of visibility mandatory|
|Necklace slot||Ghostspeak amulet/Cramulet mandatory (unless Morytania legs 3 have been obtained) else a Holy symbol, Citharede symbol, Saradomin stole|
|Head slot||Citharede hood; Saradomin coif; Saradomin mitre; Saradomin full helm; Saradomin halo|
|Body slot||Citharede robe top; Saradomin body; Saradomin robe top; Monk's robe top; Saradomin platebody|
|Legwear slot||Citharede robe bottom; Saradomin robe legs; Saradomin chaps; Monk's robe bottom; Saradomin plateskirt/platelegs|
|Weapon slot (2h)||Saradomin crozier; Saradomin staff; Saradomin bow; Saradomin mjolnir; Saradomin godsword; Saradomin sword|
|Shield slot||Holy book; Illuminated holy book; Damaged holy book; Saradomin kiteshield|
|Glove slot||Saradomin vambraces|
|Cape slot||Saradomin cloak; Saradomin cape|
|Ammo slot||Saradomin arrow (only 1 needed)|
If you don't obtain it on your first try, but the ghost appears and you don't get dealt any damage, keep trying until you get it. It can take upwards of 15 tries to successfully grab the cithara. Note that if you are wearing 5 items, you won't take damage but the ghost will appear and tell you that you're not yet worthy. You won't be able to pick it up regardless of how many times you try.
Tips and MisconceptionsEdit
- Players only need 6 items worn to obtain the cithara. Wearing more items than necessary does work, but is not required.
- The Citharede robes are not required, they are simply free and readily available after completing the quest.
- An inexpensive way to achieve the 6 worn Saradomin items is using the 3 Citharede robes (all 4 if you've completed the hard Morytania tasks) available from the quest, 1 Saradomin arrow, a Saradomin crozier OR Damaged holy book, and the Saradomin cape if needed (this can be acquired for free from the Mage Arena).
- A majority of the items affiliated with Saradomin listed on the Saradomin page do not work. The white gloves and white boots are prime examples.
- Although the Saradomin owl counts as a Saradomin item for the God Wars Dungeon, it does not count as a Saradomin item for the cithara.
- Because all four of the Falador shields have a symbol that closely resembles the Saradomin symbol, it is sometimes mistaken for a Saradomin aligned item. However, this is not the case.
- If players receive the message that states them as unworthy of obtaining the holy cithara, before moving forward in the conversation and being struck by current LP - 1, exit to the lobby, log back in, and try again.
- If a player has completed the hard (Morytania Tasks), then it is possible to replace the Ghostspeak amulet with a Holy symbol, Citharede symbol, or Saradomin stole.
|List of music tracks|
|Items with sound|
|Holiday items with sound|
|Emotes with sound||
Air Guitar • Around the World in Eggty Days • Beckon • Idea • Stomp • Freeze and melt • Trick • Dramatic Point • Give Thanks • Lolcano • Seal of Approval • Taskmaster • Skillcape • ROFL • Storm • Snow • Head in the Sand • Disappear • Ghost