|Release||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Destroy||It will miraculously return to the reliquary in the basement of the Citharede Abbey.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||The Holy Cithara of Saint Elspeth.|
The Holy Cithara is an object that can be found within the reliquary in the basement of the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede after completing One Piercing Note. Attempting to take the Cithara without meeting certain requirements detailed in the section below will result in the player having their life points reduced to 1. Receiving the Holy Cithara for the first time rewards the player with 50,000 Prayer experience.
This does not provide protection from Saradominist followers in the God Wars Dungeon. The Holy Cithara has a right-click play option which will make the player play it energetically for a few seconds. Other players are able to hear the Cithara as the player plays it. The Cithara's emote can only be used when it is not sheathed.
The Holy Cithara is required for the elite Desert Task "A, B, Cithara." It is also required for a master clue scroll emote clue in the Edgeville Monastery, requiring a jig with Saradomin's murmur and the Ring of devotion.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Obtaining the Holy CitharaEdit
To obtain the Holy Cithara, a player must wear at least 6 pieces of certain Saradomin-aligned equipment and meet certain "Holy" requirements:
- The player must be on the standard spellbook or Lunar spellbook
- The player must be on Standard prayers and have full prayer points
- The player must have 100% run energy
- The player must not have a follower summoned
- The player must have an empty inventory
- The player must have all of the following equipped:
- A ring of visibility (unless the player has been granted the gift of looking into the shadow realm by Sliske), and
- A ghostspeak amulet or cramulet (unless the reward from the Morytania Hard Tasks have been claimed), and
- Six pieces of acceptable Saradomin equipment that the player owns, listed below. No items aligned with another god may be either equipped or in the player's inventory. The ring of visibility and ghostspeak amulet do not count as one of these items.
It can take several tries to successfully grab the cithara. If you don't obtain it on the first try, the ghost appears but you won't receive any damage, keep trying until you get it.
If you get a message reading "An invisible force gently but firmly moves your hand away from the cithara," you are not wearing the correct ring.
- The cithara is an Ancient Greek version of the lyre.