This article is about the attackable monster. For the non-player character who was part of a random event, see Rick Turpentine.
|Release date||21 January 2001 (Update)|
|XP per kill||41 (and 13.5 experience)|
|Always drops||Bones (the highwaymen without black overcoats always drop capes)|
|Examine text||He holds up passers by.|
Highwaymen are criminals that assault young adventurers under orders of Dirk Turnip, their leader. These highwaymen will attack players up to level 10 and may prove a challenge to new players who are just passing by. They always will attack while saying "Stand and deliver!".
They are not aggressive to players who have a combat level of 33 or above. It is possible that some highwaymen were created to stop bots and macroers. Highwaymen can be deadly to new players trying to get to Falador.
Highwaymen appear to wield some type of steel sword with a hilt made out of what resembles elemental metal. They wear black capes and highwayman masks. Despite the fact that they wear highwaymen masks, players cannot obtain a highwayman mask as a drop.
- South-West of Falador, just north of the Crafting Guild; they have now been graphically updated (2010)
- North of Rimmington
- North of Seers' Village, near the Sinclair Mansion
- North of Falador, to the east on the 3-way crossroads
- Just South of the Falador cabbage patch
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 83 Cape (black) 1 Always 54 Iron bolts (m) 3–12 Rare 90–360 Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold
- "Stand and Deliver!" is a reference to a phrase most often used in the 17th Century where highwaymen would use the phrase while robbing travelers, which meant to stand still and hand over their money and valuables.
- In the 29th Postbag from the Hedge one of the highwaymen revealed that his name is Dirk Turnip and that he is "NOT a dandy highwayman". His name is probably a reference to famous highwayman Dick Turpin, and the denial a reference to the song Stand and Deliver.
- ^ Jagex. Postbag 29 - "You shall not pass!", letter #Letter 6. Postbags from the Hedge. *