Hidden updates are updates which are not mentioned in the RuneScape news or the official forums. Jagex used to add many small updates and bug fixes which were too trivial to announce. They are now including most of their updates in the Patch Notes sticky of Recent Updates forum section. However, there are still some updates which are not included in the Patch Notes for various reasons. This page lists the hidden updates for 2014. Hidden updates that occur separately from major updates can also be recognised due to the build changing, which can be found in the Developer's Console.
- 10 March
- 3 March
- Converting a prismatic fallen star now instantly gives bonus experience, instead of giving the star with the skill chosen.
- The Darkmeyer Heist map is now available to everyone.
- The "Subscribe" button that appears on F2P accounts has been shifted to a different part of the screen depending on the layout.
- 24 February
- Sacred metal fragments and cosmetic override components from both world events, along with the drinks from the first, have been removed from the game.
- Two new Seasonal HiScores along with their respective titles have been added.
- The camera angle during and after a cutscene/taunt during a Dominion Tower match has been changed for the Old School Interface layout.
- The Shark fists inventory icons have been updated.
- 17 February
- The message for valentine love notes regarding the 160 collection limit has been removed.
- The animation for running with a cape equipped has been altered slightly.
- Dialogue box backgrounds have been centred once more.
- Trees have been added to the islands near Catherby.
- The charm drop rate of deadly red spiders have been changed slightly.
- 4 February
- Various items such as big bones, the elemental runes and other lower level resources have had additional skill information appended to their examine texts.
- Magic notepaper has been made tradeable.
- Clue scrolls that provide anagram clues have had their examine text changed to "It points to great treasure!"
- Two new emotes have been added to the emote list: "Loved Up" and "Down to Earth". Both say that they are unlocked with "Valentine love notes" collected around Valentine's Day.
- 3 February
- 27 January
- 21 January
- Freezy no longer has particles.
- The Baby Aquanite has been renamed Squidge.
- Humans have had their idle animation updated.
- Zanik, Juna, Oldak, General Wartface & General Bentnoze, High Priest (goblin), Guardian of Armadyl, Holstein, Murknose and Taw'Paak have had their dialogue updated to reflect the death of Bandos.
- Luck Challenges are added to the Challenge System.
- 13 January
- 7 January
- Base stats on the Oxhead and Horseface have been reduced from 600 to 500.
- The icon for the Ferocious Tiger-Rider has been updated to differentiate it from the Feral Chimera.
- Scape Santa has been updated to the version used on the login screen during Up to Snow Good.
- The font size for Player-Owned Ports interfaces have been increased.
- The interface shown when starting a Player-Owned Port random event has been graphically updated.
- "Sea singer" has been consistently renamed to "Seasinger", and the "Superior sea singer's robe bottoms" to "Superior seasinger's robe bottom".