Hidden updates are updates which are not mentioned in the RuneScape news or the official forums. Jagex used to add many small updates and bug fixes which were too trivial to announce. They now include most of their updates in the Patch Notes sticky of the Recent Updates forum. However, there are still some updates which are not included in the Patch Notes for various reasons. This page lists the hidden updates for 2014. Hidden updates that occur separately from major updates can also be recognised due to the build changing, which can be found in the Developer's Console.
- 14 April
- 9 April
- The Slayer Masks' ability to bring a cannon into Kuradal's dungeon when a player was on a task in there has been removed
- 7 April
- The cursor used when hovering over your player on the equipment interface has been updated.
- 1 April
- The Sailing skill was added to the Hero tab, as part of April fools day.
- 31 March
- 24 March
- 17 March
- The World Gate can be found north-west of Arandar when a Ring of visibility is equipped. It can be configured to view many different worlds. Zarosian Reprise unlocks at it.
- Circus mage armour (blast/alchemy/teleport spells) received a graphical update.
- The left/right arrows on the "inventory" and "chat" interfaces have decreased in size.
- Player Moderators' private messages will now show regardless of private chat filter.
- There's more graphical details added around the ritual marker
- The favicon for the RuneScape homepage has been changed.
- 10 March
- Mr Mordaut's chathead animations have been replaced by the ones used by humans, rather than most animals.
- Looking Back, 7th Realm, Dragontooth Island, Jungly2, High Seas, Jolly-R, Landlubber, Daemonheim Fremenniks and Daemonheim Entrance music tracks have been updated.
- The Catspeak amulet (e) now automatically points to the direction Bob is in.
- 3 March
- Converting a prismatic fallen star now instantly gives bonus experience, instead of giving the star with the skill chosen.
- The Darkmeyer Heist map is now available to everyone.
- The "Subscribe" button that appears on F2P accounts has been shifted to a different part of the screen depending on the layout.
- 24 February
- Sacred metal fragments and cosmetic override components from both world events, along with the drinks from the first, have been removed from the game.
- Two new Seasonal HiScores along with their respective titles have been added.
- The camera angle during and after a cutscene/taunt during a Dominion Tower match has been changed for the Old School Interface layout.
- The Shark fists inventory icons have been updated.
- 17 February
- The message for valentine love notes regarding the 160 collection limit has been removed.
- The animation for running with a cape equipped has been altered slightly.
- Dialogue box backgrounds have been centred once more.
- Trees have been added to the islands near Catherby.
- The charm drop rate of deadly red spiders has been changed slightly.
- 4 February
- Various items such as big bones, the elemental runes and other lower level resources have had additional skill information appended to their examine texts.
- Magic notepaper has been made tradeable.
- Clue scrolls that provide anagram clues have had their examine text changed to "It points to great treasure!"
- Two new emotes have been added to the emote list: "Loved Up" and "Down to Earth". Both say that they are unlocked with "Valentine love notes" collected around Valentine's Day.
- 3 February
- 27 January
- 21 January
- Freezy no longer has particles.
- The Baby Aquanite has been renamed Squidge.
- Humans have had their idle animation updated.
- Zanik, Juna, Oldak, General Wartface & General Bentnoze, High Priest (goblin), Guardian of Armadyl, Holstein, Murknose and Taw'Paak have had their dialogue updated to reflect the death of Bandos.
- Luck Challenges are added to the Challenge System.
- 13 January
- 7 January
- Base stats on the Oxhead and Horseface have been reduced from 600 to 500.
- The icon for the Ferocious Tiger-Rider has been updated to differentiate it from the Feral Chimera.
- Scape Santa has been updated to the version used on the login screen during Up to Snow Good.
- The font size for Player-Owned Ports interfaces have been increased.
- The interface shown when starting a Player-Owned Port random event has been graphically updated.
- "Sea singer" has been consistently renamed to "Seasinger", and the "Superior sea singer's robe bottoms" to "Superior seasinger's robe bottom".