Hidden updates are updates which are not mentioned in the RuneScape news or the official forums. Jagex used to add many small updates and bug fixes which were too trivial to announce. They are now including most of their updates in the Patch Notes sticky of Recent Updates forum section. However, there are still some updates which are not included in the Patch Notes for various reasons. This page lists the hidden updates for 2013. Hidden updates that occur separately from major updates can also be recognised due to the build changing, which can be found in the Developer's Console.
- 20 May
- 13 May
- 30 April
- The twisted bird skull necklace, split dragontooth necklace, and the demon horn necklace have been updated to restore half the prayer points as before (50 for normal bones, etc).
- Use of some Defence abilities, Surge, and Escape out of combat no longer puts players in a combat stance. Consequently, players can no longer maintain their adrenaline out of combat by using them.
- Revenants now use primarily Magic attacks, instead of Range.
- Mithril dragons have had their defence lowered.
- Martin the Master Gardener's head has been updated to resemble his chathead more.
- Cauldrons now have purple liquid and particles.
- 24 April
- 16 April
- The boots of lightness, agile top and agile legs have been adjusted to once again lower weight when worn.
- The ring of kinship's teleport sound has been updated to be the same as other teleports.
- The sound for successfully mining ore, stardust, and red sandstone is now the same as the mining sound in Daemonheim.
- The jingle that plays upon death has been updated.
- Members can no longer retrieve P2P holiday items and toys from Diango in F2P worlds.
- 9 April
- 25 March
- While on a Free-to-play world the members stat icons in the stat interface have a yellow background.
- Total xp now includes the xp of P2P skills that exceed the level 5 cap.
- 18 March
- 12 March
- Several normal trees around Gielinor have been changed into Glowing Trees.
- Chickens and roosters have been graphically updated.
- A magic tree has been placed next to Beefy Bill. It was later removed.
- The green graphical effect of Assault has been recoloured to orange.
- The icon for the crew reroll reward when completing a random event in the Player-owned port minigame has been changed to differentiate it from the adventurer reroll icon. The crew reroll now has the same icon as the Travelling band crew member.
- 4 March
- "Summon" is now the default left click option for summoning pouches.
- The Options tab was updated with a "Restore default keybinds" button.
- Weeds from farming patches and some burnt foods are now stackable.
- Poletax's Herblore Shop now also sells 5 Unicorn horn dust, 5 Limpwurt roots and 5 White berries.
- The attack speeds of Vesta's spear and Corrupt vesta's spear have been changed from fast to average. Their attack styles have also been changed from crush to stab, now uniform with other spears in game.
- The healing animations for both Healing Aura and Prayer Renewal have been tweened.
- The damage stats of the Hexhunter bow, Seercull, and the Dark bow have been significantly altered.
- Some slayer monsters, including the Kalphite king, have had their Slayer experience halved.
- Off-hand damage with Havoc and Decimate was changed so it also takes into account weapon speed.
- The Taverley Slayer Dungeon has been expanded, now including Crawling Hands and Cave bugs, among other things.
- There is now a wall that must be climbed over to access Death Plateau.
- 18 February
- 12 February
- The statues for the fallen heroes of While Guthix Sleeps have been updated.
- Silvarea has been updated.
- Icefiends in Ghorrock have had their XP per kill significantly lowered.
- Cash bags obtained in the Squeal of fortune can no longer be converted to coins. Instead, they now have a coin convert of 0 and a discard option.
- Abyssal demons have had their animations tweened.
- 5 February
- The Jade Enchanted Figurehead ship upgrade in Player-owned Ports has been renamed to Intrepid Figurehead.
- The sound effect for the Winter Storage ability for Pack Yaks has been updated.
- A pets button has been added under the pet tab of the customisation screen. All pets obtained through Solomon's General Store are now under a different button labelled "Special pets".
- A Terms and Conditions link has been added to the Squeal of Fortune.
- It is now again (As it was pre-EoC) possible to use teleport spells from the spellbooks when a message is open.
- 28 January
- The Avatar Customisation interface has been updated.
- 21 January
- Desert clothing has been graphically updated.
- Armour bonuses shown when hovering over the item are now identical to those shown in the equipment interface. Previously, the former showed a value that was 10 times higher than the latter.
- 14 January
- A right click teleport option has been added to the Captain's Log.
- Diango's lost seasonal items interface has been updated.
- Dragon crossbows, off-hand dragon crossbows and dragon 2h crossbows have been made tradeable.
- Insect Queen has been updated.
- The inventory icons and appearance of Sea singer's robes were changed. The Tetsu armour set was recoloured as well.
- Lotus-Tint Spectacles have been made single-use at Player-owned port.
- Lighting effects from all over RuneScape were changed to the old, greyish, neutral tone.
- 3 January
- The inventory icons and appearance of the Death lotus armour equipment set have been changed.