"Heroes" redirects here. For the series of characters, see Signature Heroes.
For the guild, see Heroes' Guild.
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|“||Prove you are worthy to enter the Heroes' Guild. To prove your status as a hero you will need to obtain a number of items. There are many challenges standing between you and these items.||”|
|Start point|| |
|Length||Medium – Long|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
|Enemies to defeat||
Note: You must have a partner who is the opposite gang member to you in order to finish the quest. To find out what gang you are in just check the quest log for Shield of Arrav quest. Your partner can still help you even if they have finished Heroes' Quest. Also note that you can do Heroes' Quest parts in any order.
Talk to Achietties outside the Heroes' Guild about joining the guild. Achietties will tell you that to join, you have to get three items: The firebird's feather, cooked lava eel and the master thieves' armband. These can be retrieved and brought to her in any order.
Ice Gloves and Firebird's FeatherEdit
Note: It is important to follow these directions using the map given, as going up the wrong ladder will not allow you to climb back down, so you'll have to start over.
The Ice QueenEdit
**NOTE** - You will not need these gloves if you have obtained an adult pet from Solomon's General Store. Killing the firebird with scavenge activated will result in your pet taking the feather and placing it into your inventory, eliminating the need for ice gloves.
- Go to White Wolf Mountain (east of Catherby, west of Taverley). Walk to the northern part of the mountain, until you come to a rock slide (it should be near some ladders). Use a pickaxe on the rock slide and go through it (50 mining required).
- You will be now be near level 78 ice warriors and three ladders.
- Use the south ladder, and go down the south-west tunnel. Go up the ladder at the end.
- Once you go up, you will see level 74 ice giants there. There should be 2 ladders next to the one you came up. Take the East ladder down.
- Go north through the long tunnel with level 60 ice spiders (the spiders in the tunnel do not show up on mini-map), level 74 ice giants, and level 78 ice warriors. The tunnel makes a loop, and ends at a ladder. Go up the ladder, then go down the other ladder.
- Continue down the tunnel until it opens up into a large room with a lot of level 78 ice warriors and the Ice Queen.
- The Ice Queen is level 110 and, if your combat level is low, may be aggressive against you. If your Prayer level is 43 or higher, using Protect from Melee will make the fight much easier. If you stand behind or to the side of the throne, you can avoid the ice warriors and can still attack the Ice Queen if positioned right.
- Kill her and she will drop the ice gloves. This is where you can use a teleport to get out of the tunnel quickly. You can also use the ladder near her throne as a one-way escape exit.
- Next, you have to go kill the Entrana firebird. Talk to the Monk of Entrana at Port Sarim to get to Entrana (make sure your armour and weapon are banked, see here for equipment you're allowed to bring. Make sure to bring the ice gloves with you to pick up the feather). Another fast way is use the wicked hood law rune teleport. The Entrana firebird is in the northern part (head east across the bridge, then north) of Entrana very close to the law altar and above the unicorn area. Kill the firebird and it will drop the fire feather. Make sure you are wearing the ice gloves when you pick it up. The firebird has only 50 life points.
Cooked Lava EelEdit
Items required: Harralander potion (unf) (or vial of water and clean harralander), fishing rod, fishing bait, dusty key. You may wish to bring an anti-dragon shield, armour, food, and an anti-poison potion.
- Go to Port Sarim and talk to Gerrant at the fishing shop (Gerrant's Fishy Business). He will give you a bottle of blamish snail slime, but you will still need a vial of water and a harralander (or a harralander potion (unf)) to make the oily fishing rod.
- Use the harralander with the vial of water,
- Then use the unfinished potion with the blamish snail slime, (Requires 25 Herblore)
- Finally, use the made blamish oil with a normal fishing rod to get an oily fishing rod. If you accidentally try to drink it by mistake, your character will say, "You know, I'd rather not...". (If you don't have any fishing bait, buy it from Gerrant now)
- To fish for Lava eel, you need to go to the Taverley Dungeon
- Inside Taverley Dungeon,
- If you already have 70 agility or a Dusty Key, you can skip the following step and go straight to the room with the blue dragons.
- If not, keep walking deep into the dungeon, you will go past level 22 and 46 skeletons, level 36 ghosts, level 44 Black Knights, level 106 magic axes, and level 70 poison scorpions. Go past a bridge and continue south-west past level 64 hill giants, and you will enter a fortress with a few Black Knights. Go through east into a jail, and kill the Jailer and pick up his Jail key. Use it with the jail cell holding Velrak the Explorer. Talk to him to get the Dusty key. Now head north back past the Hill Giants and go over the bridge crossing the lava and then north past the chaos dwarves and the lesser demons. Once you get past, you must "Use" the Dusty key on the door to the west. You will then be in a room with baby blue dragons and Blue Dragons.
- Go across the room and down the tunnel until you get to three fishing spots. This is where you can fish for the Lava eel. Use your oily fishing rod to catch some. (Requires 53 Fishing) Now teleport/walk back out.
- Finally, find a range or make a fire and cook the Lava Eel to get a Cooked Lava Eel. (Requires 53 Cooking)
Master Thieves ArmbandEdit
You will need the help of a friend who is in the gang, rival to the one you helped in the Shield of Arrav quest. (There is a thread of the RuneScape Forums devoted to helping match people up that need partners for this quest. The forum warns, "Buying one from a player and not doing the quest part required to obtain it, will show in the quest journal as not being completed yet. Thus, buying one would be a waste of money.") Also, finding a partner might be easier on World 100 (Group Questing), as there might be others seeking partners there as well.
Black Arm GangEdit
Note: If you have already completed this quest and are helping a friend, then you do not need the Black armour or the ID papers.
Warning: You can buy/get candlesticks from other players but if you try to give these to Katrine she will say, "Good for you, I will be giving a thieves armband to the one who retrieved that. I know it wasn't you."
- Go to south-west Varrock and talk to Katrine (Go to the southern entrance of Varrock, then go west through two doors to talk to her). She will tell you that you have to steal Pete's candlestick belonging to ScarFace Pete who lives in Brimhaven. You need to get the Id papers first though. Gang password: "Four leafed clover."
- Go to Brimhaven and find the gang office, which is the building east of the bar. Talk to Trobert there and he will give you the ID paper, which you need to get into ScarFace Pete's mansion.
- Once you have the black armour set, put it on. When you try to enter ScarFace Pete's Mansion (the large building in the North West section of town) you will be stopped by Garv. Ensure you are wearing a Black FULL helmet, or Garv will not allow you to enter. Show him the ID paper and he will let you inside.
- Go talk to Grip inside and ask him "So what do my duties involve?" and "Anything I can do now?". He will give you a miscellaneous key, which you will give to your Phoenix Gang partner.
- If he does not offer you the key, you can find the Miscellaneous key in your bank.
- Now wait until your Phoenix Gang friend is at their respective area (see below).
- Once they are, go into the northeast room of the entrance and search the wall cabinet; Grip will then come into the room, yelling at you to stop rummaging through his things.
- Shut the door as soon as he enters the room, so that he stays there long enough for your Phoenix Gang partner to kill him. After he is dead, pick up Grips' key.
- Go to the treasure room (northwest part of the mansion) and use Grips key on the door. Search the chests and take two candlesticks. Note: If there are no candlesticks in the chest it means you have some in your bank, you must drop those candlesticks in your bank. Now go out the way you came and meet your Phoenix Gang friend. Give one candlestick to them.
- Go back to Varrock and talk to Katrine. She will give you the master thieves' armband.
Items required: Ranged weapon and ammunition (any bow or crossbow) - note that Hunters Crossbow doesn't work - or bring any mage staff and any attack spell runes.
Warning: If you get a candle stick (by trading) from your black arm friend without going through the following procedure, Straven will say that in all honesty you didn't steal it yourself, and it will not count towards finishing the quest.
- Go to Varrock and talk to Straven. He tells you to steal Pete's candlestick belonging to ScarFace Pete who lives in Brimhaven, and tells you that the Phoenix Gang has associates in Brimhaven on Karamja: Charlie the Cook and Alfonse the Waiter. Gang password: "Gherkin."
- Travel to Brimhaven and go in to the Shrimp and Parrot food shop which is north of the pub.
- Once you are there, take the miscellaneous key from your Black Arm gang partner and then talk to Alfonse the Waiter and ask him about Gherkins. Now go through the door and talk to Charlie the Cook.
- Charlie the Cook will tell you about a secret wall panel. Go through the wall panel (between the door and the stove) and enter the yard with guard dogs. Run past these and enter the mansion through the side door with barrels next to it. Once inside, use the miscellaneous key on the north door. This brings you to a small room with a cross-shaped window. You partner should be standing there with an NPC called Grip. Wield your bow or crossbow or staff and shoot/cast through the hole in the west wall at Grip (right click and select "attack Grip"). He will drop Grips keys for your Black Arm Gang friend to pick up.
- Your Black Arm Gang friend will get two candlesticks and trade you one of them. Go back to Varrock and talk to Straven to get the Master Thieves Armband.
- Go back to the Heroes' Guild, talk to Achietties outside and give her the three collected items. Congratulations, Quest complete! Well done!
- 1 quest point
- Access to the Heroes' Guild
- Access to another Black Arm Gang hideout in Brimhaven (if you are in the Black Arm Gang)
- Access to the garden beside Scarface Pete's house (if you are in the Phoenix gang)
- Ability to wield Dragon battleaxe and Dragon mace and buy the aforementioned items from the Heroes' Guild weapon shop
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
- 3,075 experience
- 3,075 experience
- 3,075 experience
- 3,075 experience
- 2,075 experience
- 2,725 experience
- 2,825 experience
- 1,575 experience
- 1,575 experience
- 2,257 experience
- 2,575 experience
- 1,325 experience
- Beyond (unless you've already finished Fishing Contest)
- Dunjun (unless you've already entered the Taverley Dungeon)
- Royale (unless you've already entered the Black Knight's Base)
Required for completingEdit
Completion of Heroes' Quest is required for the following:
- Upon the completion of this quest, one's Adventurer's Log will read: "I should be proud, as few are eligible to enter the notoriously exclusive Heroes' Guild. Nothing can stop me now."
- After completing the quest, if one talks to Juna, the player character will say, "...So after I had retrieved all the items, I became a member of the Heroes' Guild!"