For other uses, see hero (disambiguation).
|Release date||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||95 (and 31.4 experience)|
Heroes are NPCs that walk around East Ardougne wearing what appears to be the old Rune platebody and platelegs, but different coloured at places. They wield a rune longsword and square shield. Heroes can be pickpocketed by players with level 80 or greater Thieving, which gives 273.3 experience plus coins or other items.
They are often present near the marketplace in East Ardougne, or the south east bank. One of them is also near the entrance of the Ardougne Zoo. Heroes attack players when they steal from the Gem stall. They also attack when the player steals from a stall and tries to trade the stall owner. One of them is always near a bakery stall, so the player can easily steal food to heal from failed pickpocketing attempts. Unlike most thievable NPCs, players can be stunned frequently when pickpocketing heroes even at level 99 Thieving. A successful pickpocket attempt usually gains 200 or 300 coins.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 83
A successful pickpocketing attempt will gain one of the following loot:
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200, 300 Common Not sold Death rune 2 Uncommon 186 Blood rune 1 Uncommon 163 Gold ore 1 Uncommon 333 Jug of wine 1 Uncommon 73 Fire orb 1 Uncommon 1,612 Diamond 1 Uncommon 2,158 Court summons 1 Rare Not sold
Chances of getting loot is based on 100 successful pickpockets.
- The armour that heroes wear appears to be a lighter colour than standard rune armour although it used to bear the same resemblance in RuneScape Classic. Heroes will never drop this armour, and is not obtainable anywhere else.
- After the Animation Pack 1 Update, their longswords looked like iron, not rune.
- There is a possibility their armour is made from blurite as it at first appears to be rune, but is a lighter shade of blue.
- All heroes could be members of the Champion's Guild as they have the ability to wear what appears to be a rune platebody.
- His Platebody, Platelegs and Square shield haven't been updated.
Man • Farmer • H.A.M. member • Warrior woman • Rogue • Cave goblin • Master Farmer • Guard • Fremennik citizen • Bearded Pollnivnian bandit • Bandit • Knight of Ardougne • Pollnivnian bandit • Yanille watchman • Menaphite Thug • Paladin • Gnome • Hero • Elf • Dwarf trader