|Release date||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch|| Steel: |
|Low Alch|| Steel: |
|Value|| Steel: |
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A shield with <crest>.|
A heraldic kiteshield is a decorative steel or rune kiteshield. Players can paint them on a painting stand in a player-owned house's Workshop if they have level 43 Crafting or higher and have been assigned a crest by Sir Renitee in the White Knights' Castle. Sir Renitee will not assign a crest unless the player has over level 16 Construction. A player's first crest assignment is free, and it costs 5k to change your crest to another one, however some crests have other requirements. Players can use a Painting Stand in another player's house if they do not have one in theirs. The shields have exactly the same stats as their steel or rune counterparts. They are untradeable and the paint cannot be removed.
Note: The Saradomin and Zamorak heraldic shields will not offer any protection in the God Wars Dungeon, since they are made by the player and are 'unofficial' god-items.
|Arrav||Shield of Arrav|
|Dorgeshuun||The Lost Tribe|
|Horse||Toy horsey in inventory|
|Money||Cost 500,000 coins|
- Interestingly, while "money" might suggest wealth, the 'Money heraldic armour' looks like it's part of the cheapest and lowest-level (melee) armour there is (such as bronze) and as a result being referred as bronze(g).
- The examine information of the Horse heraldic shield is in reference to a running gag in RuneScape in which horses are said not to exist. This gag started with the 2004 April Fools event.
- It is possible to have a helmet and a kiteshield of two different crests. You can do this by changing your crest but only repainting one of them.
- The Heraldic kiteshields and helmets were not updated on the armour update of 6 March 2012.
- The 'Skull' crest once required a player to be skulled before speaking to Sir Renitee. Since the removal of skulling, the crest has no additional requirements.