This article is about the item called Helm of neitiznot. For other Fremennik helmets, see Fremennik helmets.
|Release date||6 February 2007 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Fremennik Isles|
|Tradeable?|| Normal: Yes |
|High Alch||30,000 coins|
|Low Alch||20,000 coins|
|Store price|| 50,000 coins|
|Exchange price||32,356 coins (info)|
|Examine||A gift from Neitiznot's Burgher.|
The helm of neitiznot is a members piece of armour with mid-level stat bonuses, additionally being one of the few helms to offer prayer bonuses. It is a reward for completing The Fremennik Isles quest and requires a Defence level of 55 to wear.
The Helm of neitiznot (e) can be obtained by letting Pikkupstix enchant a normal helm (level 45 Summoning required). The player can then use 90 combat scrolls on it, giving it a brighter hue, and turning it into a Helm of neitiznot (charged).
The basic helm of neitiznot is tradeable, although players may only equip the helm if they have completed The Fremennik Isles quest. If the helm is lost, talking to Mawnis Burowgar will allow players to purchase a new one for 50,000 coins.
A player wearing an uncharged Helm of neitiznot
A player wearing a charged Helm of neitiznot
|[view] • [talk]|
- Upon release, players would pay up to 200k for this item, until players realised it is obtained again for 50k, causing it to drop down to 30k.
- Upon release, there was an issue with the helm. It had a destroy option and Jagex had intended the helm to not be tradeable, but when players put the helm in note form they could trade it. After a while the helm became tradeable for other reasons, and the issue was fixed.
- The helm of Neitiznot was once untradeable. Because of this, within a week of its release, it had become one of the most popular PKing helms. The reason for this, besides its stats, was that if the player died with it while PKing, they would lose it—however, if they were quick enough, they could run back and pick it up. This was changed several months later because of many pkers ranting on the forums.[ ]
- Upon release, casting the High Level Alchemy spell on it would give more coins than it costs to buy; however, this was swiftly noticed and corrected by Jagex.
- Upon release, when worn and taken off, players would appear bald or would have glitched hair styles. Two days later the bug was fixed.
- Pre-EOC, it was one of the few helmets to have a strength bonus, as well as a non-negative resistance to magic, and no decrease in attack rating for non-melee styles. These stats, plus excellent melee defence, made it extremely popular.
- After the release of PVP Bounty Worlds (1+ Item), despite it being the only helmet in their inventory/wielded, players found they would still lose their helm of neitiznot upon death. This glitch was reported and fixed within 48 hours.
- The first several days after the damage soaking update, there was a glitch where enchanted helmets would not give the same soaking bonus as normal helmets. This has been fixed.
- There is currently a glitch where when talking to a NPC, the player's lips do not fully close, making it seem impossible for the player to say certain letters such as 'b' or 'm'. This is only visual. It may have been corrected by 2014.
- The NPC player character "Firecapezorz" in The Elder Kiln quest still uses the old version of the Helm of Neitiznot.
|Yak hide armour|
Holy book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of balance(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Unholy book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Ancient book(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of law(+2) (Illuminated(+4)) • Book of war(+2) (Illuminated(+4))
Citharede symbol(+4) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+2) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5) • Desert amulet 2(+1)-3(+2)-4(+3)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Enhanced ancient staff(+2)
(+) Prayer bonus