- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Combat level||122 / 127|
|XP per kill||465 xp (and 155 Constitution experience)|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Examine text|| (Level 122)
(Level 60 (Vengeance saga))
Hellhounds are mid to high level demons often given as a slayer assignment to mid to high level players. The introduction of the Summoning skill brought about a rise in players killing them due to their gold charm drop rate. They have the second highest combat level of any monster outside of Daemonheim in F2P, only to be surpassed by the Revenant Knight. Hellhounds may also be purchased to guard a players dungeon in the Construction skill (see Hellhound (POH)).
Hellhounds are an excellent source of "farming" hard clue scrolls as they drop them frequently unlike other monsters, such as Abyssal demons. However this is their only unique drop, excluding their bones.
If hellhounds are assigned as a slayer assignment, Revenant hellhounds may be killed in their place.
- Taverley dungeon
- Witchaven Dungeon
- God Wars Dungeon
- Forinthry Dungeon
- Level 50+ Wilderness
- Kuradal's Dungeon
- Wilderness Volcano (f2p)
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 83
Charms (members only)
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 197,832 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Ferocious ring 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Very rare Not sold
- Slayer masters describe hellhounds as "a cross between dogs and demons". However, even though they are demons, they are not affected by the powers of Silverlight or Darklight, also along with the bloodveld, they are the only demons that drop bones rather than ashes.
- On 16 June 2009, hellhounds were placed in the Wilderness Volcano, making it the only P2P monster to enter F2P.
- After the ring of wealth update on March 16 2011, the charm drop rates of hellhounds and rock lobsters had "gone walkabouts". This caused hellhounds to drop gold charms less frequently. Rather, they seemed to drop blue charms much more often. This was, however, fixed on March 28 as noted in the patch notes of that date.
- Hellhounds' presence in a cave can be explained by the fact that they are a breed of wild dogs.
|God Wars Dungeon|