|Release date||25 July 2016 (Update)|
|Quest series||Tales of the Arc|
Head of the Family is a part of the Tales of the Arc miniquest series.
|Start point||Waiko moai on the hill north-east of Waiko|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official difficulty||Unknown edit|
The following skills cannot be boosted
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Talk to the Waiko moai on the hill to the north of the Khan's house. Go to the island Aminishi and travel along the west beach-side, up the stairs to find the Aminishi moai. She tells you to get a captain and ship with cargo freighter, a crew and some way to prevent her from dying while on the ship.
Discuss the plight of the moai with Rosie (supplies) on Waiko. A crew can be gathered by speaking to Yuehanxun the Dealer, found in the south-east village section of Waiko, steps southeast of Waiko's bamboo stalks. She requires a payment of 15 fish oil for her two cyclops labourers. They will from now on be waiting at Aminishi's moai on Aminishi.
Talk to Rosie on the Waiko market. She tells you you ought to inquire with Sea Witch Kaula on Whale's Maw, as there is a legend regarding the transport of Moai statues. Visit her on the north-west of Whale's Maw. After hearing a sad tale about the Whale's Maw's Moai statue, you ascertain that transportation is possible, as long as the moai keeps contact with its respective soil. Return to Rosie on Waiko, who asks for 5 bamboo, 150 chimes and asks you to fill up a bag with Aminishi soil. From this she will then make a basket and fill it with Aminishi soil, to keep the moai statue in during transport. Go to Aminishi and fill the bag (the dock works). Return to Rosie on Waiko to give her the bag, 150 chimes and 5 bamboo. Rosie will handle the delivery of the goods.
Captain and shipEdit
Find a captain with a boat and cargo freighter to move the Aminishi moai to Waiko. Cap'n Ekahi can be recruited from the beach of Aminishi (east from your ship). He requires a payment of 300 chimes for the service.
Fight and completionEdit
Go talk to the Aminishi moai statue to start the transport. Go to Cap'n Ekahi who tells you to travel using the rowboat on the shore next to him. Prepare for a fight scaled to your combat level. After departing with the moai statue Capt'n Ekahi, together with his cyclops crew, betrays the player and tries to kill them. This combat situation has an unsafe death, but is scaled to your combat level and comes with a warning beforehand. It can be safespotted though, by stepping behind the mast.
After defeating the cyclopes you end up at your ship on Waiko with the 300 Chimes fee refunded. Return to the hill where you started the quest to see the Aminishi moai statue being placed in front of the Waiko moai statue. Talk to Waiko moai to finish the miniquest.
- 1000 chimes (+ 300 of your original investment)
- 30 fish oil
- 4 bundles of bamboo
- 5 taijitu
- Medium Agility XP lamp
- Moai decoration in Waiko Reward Shop
- An additional crew member (Cap'n Ekahi)
Required for completingEdit
- When going to move the Aminishi moai statue, the Cyclops Labourers say "We're ready master", and "I'm not ready". This is a reference to the audio when selecting a Two-headed Ogre in the game Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
- One of the cyclopes has the examine text "He could have been a contender", which is a reference to the film On the Waterfront.
- When Cap'n Ekahi turns on you, your character says "Curse your inevitable betrayal." This is a reference to the pilot episode of Firefly.
- Rosie says "It's much bigger on the inside" when handing over a bag to put the soil in. This is most likely a reference to the TARDIS in the Doctor Who series.
|A part of the Tales of the Arc|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|