Head banners are the banners at the top of the RuneScape website. The first one, Island Assault, was released on 1 July 2008 when the RuneScape website received a huge makeover and the game itself was upgraded to RuneScape High Detail, before that just a logo was shown which would also change sometimes during holidays or major updates (these are also archived in the "Pre-2008" article below). Banners link to their corresponding news posts.
After the release of "Island Assault", the banner has been frequently featuring holiday events or major events in RuneScape. Since 2011, special offers and new quests were included, and from 2012 on, nearly every game update gets its own banner, many of which are additionally previewed and featured in the Lobby.
Double XP WeekendEdit
- Occasion: Double XP Weekend returns for GameBlast 2018 from 23 February untiil 26 February.
- Scene: Concept art of Gielinor
- Duration: 19 February -
Premier Club 2018 - Last ChanceEdit
- Occasion: It's your last chance to buy Premier Club for 2018 before it is removed on 4th February.
- Scene: Concept art of a male and female wearing the Hellion armour
- Duration: 29 January - 5 February
Hati, Sköll and FenrirEdit
- Occasion: Hati, Sköll, Fenrir and Vic the Trader return to Gielinor for a short time.
- Scene: Hati and Sköll in a snowy forest area
- Duration: 15 January - 12 February
On the previous splash page (the page you got on when visiting the RuneScape website for the first time) there were also a few banners promoting the game which can be seen below. Now it just shows some screenshots.
NOTE: On the website all these banners had small animations.
- As of 27 April 2012 no head banners were shown, instead it just showed the background which looks the same as the default banner but without any animations. This was most likely just a bug and has been fixed with the Runespan update.