Head banners are the banners at the top of the RuneScape website. The first one, Island Assault, was released on 1 July 2008 when the RuneScape website received a huge makeover and the game itself was upgraded to RuneScape High Detail, before that just a logo was shown which would also change sometimes during holidays or major updates (these are also archived in the "Pre-2008" article below). Banners link to their corresponding news posts.
After the release of "Island Assault", the banner has been frequently featuring holiday events or major events in RuneScape. Since 2011, special offers and new quests were included, and from 2012 on, nearly every game update gets its own banner, many of which are additionally previewed and featured in the Lobby.
Alchemist's Amulet ReturnsEdit
- Event: Revamped Alchemist's amulet back on the Squeal of Fortune.
- Scene: An alchemist eagerly attempting to create gold.
- Duration: 17 May -
Elements of DeathEdit
- Event: Kill animations for pvp.
- Scene: Elemental bubble graphics shadowed by a skull.
- Duration: 14 May -
- Event: A new Prayer training method at Lumbridge Swamps.
- Scene: Several Wall beasts' hands reaching for the bowl.
- Duration: 14 May -
Instanced God WarsEdit
- Event: God Wars dungeon boss rooms are instanced and have a Hard Mode option.
- Scene: Two Adventurers ready to battle K'ril Tsutsaroth.
- Duration: 30 April -
Party in a BoxEdit
- Event: Party Boxes now out on Solomon's General Store.
- Scene: A Party Box being opened.
- Duration: 30 April - 17 May
- Event: Collect starfire ore to make starfire weapons
- Scene: Doric in the background while the player uses the Starfire bow
- Duration: 26 April - 6 May
- Event: Catch Charm sprites for bigger rewards
- Scene: A player attempting to catch a Charm Sprite
- Duration: 24 April - 30 April
- Event: New super rares added to the Squeal of Fortune.
- Scene: Squeal of Fortune in background with cards showing images of the new rares.
- Duration: 19 April - 22 April
- Event: 4 new outfits added to Solomon's General Store.
- Scene: Each outfit displayed in a panel.
- Duration: 19 April - 30 April
Duel Arena reworkEdit
- Event: Duel Arena rework.
- Scene: Two players participating in a duel.
- Duration: 16 April - 24 April
Castle Wars revampedEdit
- Event: Castle Wars rework.
- Scene: Saradomin side of Castle Wars under attack.
- Duration: 9 April - 19 April
Super-Rare a DayEdit
- Event: Super rares on the Squeal of Fortune lowering in rarity before being removed for good.
- Scene: Calendar in the background next to Squeal of Fortune showing different rares on the days.
- Duration: 9 April - 19 April
- Event: Samid's gloves on the Squeal of Fortune.
- Scene: Coins falling into a cooking pot.
- Duration: 5 April - 9 April
Runescape Beta ProgrammeEdit
- Event: Beta signups for the new HTML5 client.
- Scene: Gielinor.
- Duration: 4 April - 16 April
- Event: New Dungeoneering weapons, Charming imp reward.
- Scene: Three adventurers wielding Daemonheim offhands.
- Duration: 2 April - 9 April
- Event: Cosmetic Archon outfit and Warlord outfit added to Squeal of Fortune.
- Scene: A warrior in an Archon outfit charging ahead with knife drawn.
- Duration: 29 March - 2 April
- Event: Wilderness Warbands D&D released.
- Scene: A character sneaking into an Armadylian camp.
- Duration: 25 March - 9 April
- Event: 5 different Slayer masks available from the Squeal of Fortune.
- Scene: A menacing image of the Mask of the Kura.
- Duration: 22 March - 2 April
- Event: Skypouncer Outfit membership card promotion.
- Scene: A bearded man displaying the Skypouncer outfit.
- Duration: 21 March - 30 April
Feast of GuthixEdit
- Event: First Age outfit, Coin of Balance, prayer event for the Squeal of Fortune.
- Scene: Characters dressed in First Age outfits bearing food offerings to Guthix; a Coin of Balance being flipped in the foreground.
- Duration: 15 March - 18 March
Tribute to GuthixEdit
- Event: Tribute to Guthix spring event.
- Scene: A manifestation of Guthix holding a butterfly.
- Duration: 12 March - 4 April
The World WakesEdit
- Event: Release of a world-changing grandmaster quest, The World Wakes.
- Scene: What seems to be an adventurer and Orlando Smith at the entrance of Guthix's first resting place. The adventurer seems to hover a torch over a sealed enigmatic door.
- Duration: 4 March - 25 March, 2 April - 5 April
God Robes and TeleportsEdit
- Event: Four god-themed outfits available from Solomon's General Store.
- Scene: A character wearing Zamorak-styled robes teleporting with the respective animation.
- Duration: 4 March - 12 March, 14 March - 25 March
The Origins of GielinorEdit
- Event: Release of motion comic depicting Gielinor's beginnings in preview of The World Wakes.
- Scene: What appears to be the Elder Gods conceiving Gielinor. Links to the video on RuneScape's official YouTube channel.
- Duration: 28 February - 18 March
Old School RuneScapeEdit
- Event: Release of Old School RuneScape, available free for a month to players who voted.
- Scene: The same scene as the first banner, zoomed in on the conflict. Links to the Old School RS homepage.
- Duration: 22 February - 14 March
- Event: Release of the RuneScape Bestiary beta.
- Scene: Kree'arra standing on a floating island.
- Duration: 18 February - 4 March
Old School RuneScape pollEdit
- Event: Poll to determine extent of Old School RuneScape published. Banner links to special poll page.
- Scene: A towering enemy locked in combat with a female warrior. Also includes the old RuneScape logo.
- Duration: 15 February - 22 February
- Event: Valentines-themed items added to Squeal of Fortune; Valentine hearts.
- Scene: Cupid and a hateful counterpart brandishing the Cupid bow and the Rosethorn wand, respectively.
- Duration: 14 February - 25 February
Slayer Tower: RevampedEdit
- Event: Graphical rework of the Slayer Tower, addition of Slayer contracts and return of random event characters.
- Scene: A brave adventurer preparing to walk into the intimidating Slayer Tower entrance, with Markus in the background.
- Duration: 12 February - 18 February
Free Bank SpaceEdit
- Event: One Bank booster +50 available to all members.
- Scene: An open bank vault with a glimpse of valuable items inside.
- Duration: 5 February - 18 February
Replay Tokens ReturnEdit
- Event: D&D tokens return, Ramokee outfit on the Squeal of Fortune.
- Scene: A woman wearing the Ramokee outfit and holding several replay tokens.
- Event: Dragon Wolf pet, Dragon Wolf outfit.
- Scene: The Dragon Wolf staring ahead partially obscured by shadow.
- Event: Release of Sinkholes.
- Scene: A gorajo hoardstalker welcoming the viewer into what could be the treasure room of a sinkhole.
- Event: Cash bags added to the Squeal of Fortune.
- Scene: A sack of gold containing Yelps, among mountains of gold pieces.
- Event: New Solomon's store skins
- Scene: Shadow Series on display.
- Event: New Solomon's store skins.
- Scene: Demonflesh Armour on display.
Demon Flash MobsEdit
- Event: Demon Flash Mobs event.
- Scene: A hulking demon boss.
- Event: Summoning-themed Squeal of Fortune promotion.
- Scene: Yelps dressed in robes with a glowing summoning pouch across from him.
- Event: New teleport animations added to Solomon's General Store.
- Scene: A player being whisked away by a KGP agent.
- Event: Release of Desert Tasks.
- Scene: An adventurer, with an Ancient staff in the Kharidian desert looking at a checklist.
- Event: Construction-themed Squeal of Fortune promotion.
- Scene: Yelps pointing out Construction items on his wheel.
Kalphite Cosmetic OutfitsEdit
- Event: New Kalphite-themed skins from Solomon's General Store.
- Scene: Two adventurers, one wearing the Kalphite Sentinel Outfit and the other wearing the Kalphite Emissary Outfit.
- Event: Release of the Kalphite King.
- Scene: A player face to face with the Kalphite King, which appears to be rising out of the desert sand.
- Duration: 14 January -
Hati & SköllEdit
- Event: Return of Hati and Sköll for the 2013 Winter event.
- Scene: A fierce-looking Hati menacing the viewer amidst snow.
- Duration: 14 January -
- Event: Release of God Statues.
- Scene: Two adventurers peering up at an intimidating god statue under construction.
- Duration: 3 January - 14 January
Splash page Edit
|The Splash Page was significantly altered after an update. This article is retained to provide information on past elements of RuneScape.|
On the previous splash page (the page you got on when visiting the RuneScape website for the first time)
there were also a few banners promoting the game which can be seen below.
Now it just shows some screenshots.
NOTE:On the website all these banners had small animations.
- As of 27 April 2012 no head banners were shown, instead it just showed the background which looks the same as the default banner but without any animations. This was most likely just a bug and has been fixed with the Runespan update.