Head banners are the banners at the top of the RuneScape website. The first one, Island Assault, was released on 1 July 2008 when the RuneScape website received a huge makeover and the game itself was upgraded to RuneScape High Detail, before that just a logo was shown which would also change sometimes during holidays or major updates (these are also archived in the "Pre-2008" article below). Banners link to their corresponding news posts.
After the release of "Island Assault", the banner has been frequently featuring holiday events or major events in RuneScape. Since 2011, special offers and new quests were included, and from 2012 on, nearly every game update gets its own banner, many of which are additionally previewed and featured in the Lobby.
Hati, Sköll & FenrirEdit
- Occasion: Hati, Sköll and Fenrir return for 2017. Kill all three to complete the Wolf outfit and gain experience in several skills.
- Scene: Hati and Sköll in a snowy forest area
- Duration: 16 January -
Memorial to GuthixEdit
- Occasion: Train Divination to recover memory strands and engrams that reveal some of Guthix's memories.
- Scene: A ghostly image of Guthix near the Memorial site
- Duration: 10 January -
- Occasion: Take advantage of the Dungeoneering weekend with double tokens from regular floors and sinkholes, as well as 50% more experience from Sinkhole lamps.
- Scene: A snowy background with the Wizards' Tower and Clan Citadel visible.
- Duration: 6 January - 9 January
On the previous splash page (the page you got on when visiting the RuneScape website for the first time) there were also a few banners promoting the game which can be seen below. Now it just shows some screenshots.
NOTE: On the website all these banners had small animations.
- As of 27 April 2012 no head banners were shown, instead it just showed the background which looks the same as the default banner but without any animations. This was most likely just a bug and has been fixed with the Runespan update.