Hay bales are a form of interactive scenery found throughout farms in RuneScape, and are sometimes able to be searched.
A hay bale comes in two shapes: rectangular or three-rounded.
Searching it may result in you finding a needle or possibly having your finger hurt, or a message that says, "You find nothing of interest."
- Currently there are two located north of the Hemenster Farming shop and the other in the chicken coop south of Falador.
- There are some inside the Barbarian Outpost's agility course.
- Some others can be found in Sinclair Mansion.
- The hay stack in the Rangers guild is the location of a clue scroll.
- Near Draynor Village, in a farm east from Draynor manor.
- Finding a needle in a hay stack is a reference to the saying "It's like finding a needle in a haystack," which means the chances are extremely low.
- It used to be that a player would discover a needle everytime a haystack was searched. This has since been changed.
- When you didn't find a needle, it used to be that you took 10 points of damage.