|Release date||17 January 2011 (Update)|
|XP per kill||0 (and 0 experience)|
|Always drops||Wolf bones|
|Examine text||The legendary wolf.|
|Slayer XP||Unknown edit|
Hati the Winter Wolf is a legendary canine predator in Fremennik religion. Should he devour the moon and his brother Sköll the sun, The End of Things commences. His father is Fenrir. Hati descends to Gielinor every winter to try and eat the moon, slaughtering the Fremennik along the way. Rellekkan hunters such as Sigli or the wolf hunter attempt to kill him to stop this, although he is invincible and returns speedily.
To begin hunting Hati, a player would have to talk to Vali just inside Rellekka's gate (wasn't required). The player could receive a free teleport to Rellekka from the Wolf hunter in Gunnarsgrunn. Hati had a combat level of 654, had 3 respawn points, and would respawn at one every few minutes. The spawns were just northwest of the Swaying tree, just southeast of Rellekka and slightly off of the path, and next to the mine where mithril or iron can be mined, just east of the city walls.
He returned in the winter of 2012, along with his brother Sköll. They have both returned in the winter of 2013 as well.
If you have received the paws from previous years, Hati will drop a separate pair (80% chance) and once they are picked up, your paws will be recharged. The paws do not recharge if they are not from a previous year.
Hati is aggressive, and attacks with magic from afar, which makes him easy to find when hunting.
Hati has a melee attack and a magic attack. Reccommened to bring a friend to fight this Power wolf. The magic attack has a multi-target attack, although this only hits other players if they are near the target player. Rumours persisted that the magic based attack froze the player or lowered the players stats, although these were false. Occasionally, you would receive a message saying: "You are chilled to the bone from the cold that radiates from Hati" and take some damage. Hati does take damage from Deflect Curses.
According to the Fremennik citizen, Hati was as vulnerable to "blade, arrow or spell" as any other wolf (i.e. it has the same weaknesses as a normal Wolf). However, the citizen also mentioned that Hati had much higher endurance than the average wolf and should not be taken lightly. Attacking with range or mage would only cause you to be attacked with magic, so in this case Protect from Magic or Deflect Magic was recommended. Note that the magic attacks would only partially be absorbed by the protect prayer - a small amount of damage would still be taken. Damage from Ruby bolts(e) is capped at 500. If you are using ruby bolts(e), it is recommended that you keep your health low and eat only when your health is lower than 200, so the bolts' special effect damages your for less.
Despite Hati's fearsome reputation, it was extremely weak for its level. Although its magic attacks were multi-hitting, they were only moderately accurate and hit very low, most of the time only dealing less than 100 damage. It also has surprisingly low defence, which might be why Fremennik citizens say it is vulnerable like any other wolf but has high endurance, as Hati has very low defence and very high life points. A somewhat large team of medium levels (around ten level 80 players) should have been able to kill the Winter Wolf quickly.
Confusion over paws' bonusEdit
When originally announced in Behind the Scenes, Jagex said the gloves would provide 10 hours of bonus, but upon release Jagex announced, "There is a limit to the additional experience you can gain from these gloves, but that limit is determined by your levels in those combat skills." The experience bonus increased dependent upon the level of the skill.
Once Hati died, anyone who participated in the fight may receive the Hati head, cloak and paws. The Hati cloak is only available as a drop during the 2012 Winter event. Only one Hati head, cloak, and set of paws could be obtained per player. These items may be stored in the toy box of a player-owned house. To be eligible to receive the drop, one would have to have hit at least 1 life point of damage on Hati.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Wolf bones 1 Always 2,287 Hati head 1 Common (80% chance) Not sold Hati cloak 1 Common (80% chance) Not sold Hati paws 1 Common (80% chance) Not sold
- There is currently a bug in which Hati and Sköll is unable to spawn at either location at the Fremennik Province hence cannot be found.
- Hati is a wolf from Norse Paganism who will devour the moon during Ragnarök (The End of Things). His brother is Sköll. His father is Fenrir.
- The Hati Wolf is the first seasonal content for members, as stated by Jagex in the 2011 Behind The Scenes - January.
- It was possible to lure Hati to far away places like Catherby. However, a hidden update allowed Hati to have a teleport back to its spawn point should it become stuck, making it more difficult to lure Hati to far off places.
- There is a bug that multiple Hatis would spawn at the same time. Players should be cautious, as being attacked by more than two of those would be quite dangerous.
- Hati and Sköll are quite often killed on world 2 which is the most popular Members Trade Server.
- When speaking to the Fremennik citizen standing just outside Rellekka about Hati and Sköll, the player asks, "Can they be stopped? Killed? Reasoned with?" to which she replies, "They do not know pity or remorse or fear, and absolutely will not stop until their purpose is fulfilled." This is an allusion to a dialogue between Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor in the original Terminator film.