The Hardwood grove is a fenced area just north-east of Tai Bwo Wannai village. It can only be entered by paying Murcaily 100 trading sticks, which can be obtained from the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame or purchased on the Grand Exchange. Right clicking on the gate to the grove allows a 'quick-pay' option and faster entry. The Hardwood grove is the most concentrated location of hardwood trees in all RuneScape and can be a good way to gather logs for training Construction after making planks from them.
Note: Jungle Potion quest is not required to enter Hardwood grove.
- Nine teak and four mahogany trees are found inside the grove. Cutting both these types of tree is part of the Karamja Tasks.
- Because there is no time limit inside the grove, players enter and cut/burn logs without leaving. This method is useful for training both Woodcutting and Firemaking. Vines on the ground do not impede fires (unlike flowers and other ground effects, elsewhere).
- Players who are standing in Hardwood Grove when they log out will still be there when they log back in.
- Inside the grove live three level 5 Snakes. There are also 2 bronze and 2 iron hatchet respawns inside. The player will receive a warning if he/she tries to leave without any logs in his inventory.
- The Tai Bwo Wannai Parcel Service, run by Rionasta, makes banking the wood very fast if the player has enough trading sticks to pay him. He will send logs to the bank for a fee of 10 trading sticks per log (270 per inventory, as you will be using 1 inventory slot to hold the trading sticks). Selling the logs will more than make up for the cost of the trading sticks.
- Using the Tokkul-zo ring to teleport to the TzHaar Fight Cave, bank and returning with a Tai Bwo Wannai Teleport Scroll is the fastest way to bank.
- Another way to make quick trips is to move your house to Brimhaven. Then having a teleport portal or Amulet of glory mounted in your house to quickly bank from there, getting back is easy with a Teleport to House tab. Run between your house and the hardwood grove.
- Another effective method is using a Deposit box that is located on the beach north-west of the grove after Deadliest Catch. There is a Musician near the deposit box to rest at if you run out of energy.
- Sign of Porters are effective in the grove.