|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Also known as||Hans of Lumbridge|
|Quest NPC||The Lost Tribe|
|Sells items||Veteran cape (50k)|
|Examine|| A servant of the Duke of Lumbridge|
Hans is the servant of Duke Horacio and can be found walking in circles around the Lumbridge Castle courtyard. He is the oldest non-player character in RuneScape, and RuneScape veterans can claim a Veteran cape from him for 50,000 coins (players with an account that is over 10 years old can buy a Veteran cape (10 year)).
When spoken to, Hans will tell the player he's been patrolling Lumbridge Castle for years, to which the player will respond saying he must be old. Hans then goes on to say he is a veteran of RuneScape and at this point will offer the player the option to buy the Veteran cape if they have the requirements. If they do not have the requirements, he will tell players how much longer they have until they may buy the cape.
Hans also plays a role in a couple of Treasure Trail clue scrolls, one being an anagram (Snah = Hans), and the other a cryptic (which also has "Snah" in it).
Hans can also be spoken to by selecting "random contact" on the NPC Contact spell. If Hans is contacted, the player will humorously claim that you yourself is a knight coming to kill everyone in Lumbridge Castle, to which Hans will panic.
- In the second issue of Postbag from the Hedge, a letter was written to Hans that semi-mocked him, asking why he ran away from the author. Hans responded by screaming and running away.
- Hans is stated as servant of The Duke in the fourth issue of Postbag from the Hedge.
- Hans is referenced in Lunar Diplomacy when receiving the seal of passage.
- In Runescape Classic, Hans was an attackable level 3 NPC.
- The fact that you tell him you're a knight coming to kill everyone in the castle may be a reference to the scene in Monty Python and The Holy Grail where Sir Lancelot runs into a castle, stabbing a multitude of people and killing them.
|Part 1 of the Dorgeshuun quest series|