|Release||9 September 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||12,000 coins|
|Low alch||8,000 coins|
|Exchange||583,470 coins (info)|
|Examine||A miniature dwarven cannon.|
The hand cannon is a two-handed Ranged weapon that requires a Ranged level of 75, a Firemaking level of 61, and the completion of the Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest to wield. The hand cannon and its proprietary ammo, hand cannon shot, were developed by the Red Axe, and used and dropped by chaos dwarf hand cannoneers in the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield.
Unlike other weapons, this weapon has a chance to explode when attacking. This includes the use of abilities; a higher Firemaking level will reduce this chance. If a cannon explodes, it will damage the player and be destroyed. Because a Lava titan gives an invisible 10+ boost to Firemaking, having the familiar summoned will decrease the risk of the cannon exploding.
It counts as a two-handed crossbow in between Karil's crossbow and the royal crossbow in terms of strength. It can prove to be a viable alternative to the above two crossbows when killing monsters weak to bolts, such as waterfiends and warped tortoises.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||4.2%|
|7 × Explosive components||100%|
The special attack, Aimed Shot, uses 50% Adrenaline, firing a shot that has 30-200% weapon damage, with 75% additional accuracy, taking longer to fire. However, it has a greater chance of exploding when using this attack.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Chaos dwarf hand cannoneer||70; 101||1||Rare|
Comparison with other Ranged weaponsEdit
|Seren godbow||92||803,906,845||2577 (92)||
|Noxious longbow||90||128,842,381||2458 (90)||
|Wyvern crossbow||85||20,128,475||2178 (85)||
|Strykebow|| 85 |
|Hexhunter bow||80||147,746,826||1924 (80)|
|Royal crossbow|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal bow|| 80 |
|Attuned crystal weapon seed, 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)||
|Zaryte bow||80||7,370,886||1924 (80)|
|Sunspear (ranged)|| 78 |
River of Blood
|Free after River of Blood quest, 600,000 to reclaim||1829 (78)|
|Hand cannon|| 75 |
|Blightbound crossbow and off-hand||92|| 663,762,236 (main hand)|
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||90|| 84,933,152 (main hand)|
|Superior Morrigan's throwing axe||88||4,980,682 (main hand)||2343 (88)|
|Superior Morrigan's javelin||88||4,810,982 (main hand)||2343 (88)|
|Elite Death Lotus dart and off-hand|| 88 |
|25 Death Lotus dart (or off-hand), Death lotus extract||2343 (88)|
|Shadow glaive and off-hand||85|| 5,943,377 (main hand)|
|Death Lotus dart and off-hand|| 85 |
|Ancient bones, 25 Ascension shards||2178 (85)|
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand|| 80 |
|2 attuned crystal weapon seeds, 2000 harmonic dust||1924 (80)||
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand|| 80 |
| 200,000 (main hand)|
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||75||3,155,195 (main hand)|
- When cutting wood and using certain emotes, your hand cannon will not disappear if you're wielding it.
- Upon the release of Evolution of Combat, hand cannons no longer had a chance of exploding when using abilities. They could have only blown up on auto-attacks. However, an update of 6 October 2014 gave them a chance to explode again.
- It is one of only two weapons requiring a certain Firemaking level to wield, along with the inferno adze.
- When fired, the hand cannon appears to be partly inside the player's head. It is likely this is an oversight by Jagex.
- For a long time, hand cannons have sold for slightly under high-alch value until it gradually climbed in anticipation of Invention. With the elite skill's release, players discovered it can be disassembled for 7 Explosive components, which yields an extremely high experience rate, causing a huge jump in price peaking at around 1 to 1.2 million gold each.
|Dyed ascension crossbows|
|Dyed Blightbound crossbows|
|Part 3 of the Rise of the Red Axe quest series|