|Release||9 September 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||12,000 coins|
|Low alch||8,000 coins|
|Exchange||493,183 coins (info)|
|A miniature dwarven cannon.|
The Hand cannon is a two-handed Ranged weapon that requires a Ranged level of 75, a Firemaking level of 61, and the completion of the Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest to wield. The hand cannon and its proprietary ammo, hand cannon shot, are dropped by cannoneers.
Unlike other weapons, this weapon has a chance to explode when attacking. This includes the use of abilities; a higher Firemaking level will reduce this chance. If a cannon explodes, it will damage the player and be destroyed.
It counts as a two-handed crossbow in between Karil's crossbow and the royal crossbow in terms of strength. It can prove to be a viable alternative to the above two crossbows when killing monsters weak to bolts, such as waterfiends and warped tortoises.
The special attack, Aimed Shot, uses 50% Adrenaline, firing a shot that has 30-200% weapon damage, with 75% additional accuracy, taking longer to fire. However, it has a greater chance of exploding when using this attack.
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||4.2%|
|7 × Explosive components|
Comparison with other Ranged weaponsEdit
|Noxious longbow||90||151,863,501||2458 (90)|
|Wyvern crossbow||85||73,382,831||2178 (85)||
|Strykebow|| 85 |
|Royal crossbow|| 80 |
|Zaryte bow||80||18,730,855||1924 (80)|
|Attuned crystal bow|| 80 |
| Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Hand cannon|| 75 |
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||90|| 54,166,963 (main-hand)|
|Shadow glaive and off-hand||85||18,739,775||2458 (90)|
|Death lotus dart and off-hand|| 85 |
| Ancient bones|
Ascension shard (25)
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand|| 80 |
| 2 Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand|| 80 |
| 200,000 (main-hand)|
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||75||3,010,960 (main-hand)|
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Chaos dwarf hand cannoneer||100||1||Rare|
- When cutting wood and using certain emotes, your hand cannon will not disappear if you're wielding it.
- Upon the release of Evolution of Combat, hand cannons no longer had a chance of exploding when using abilities. They could have only blown up on auto-attacks. However, an update of 6 October 2014 gave them a chance to explode again.
- It is one of only two weapons requiring a certain Firemaking level to wield, along with the inferno adze.
- When fired, the hand cannon appears to be partly inside the player's head. It is likely this is an oversight by Jagex.
- For a long time, hand cannons have sold for slightly under high-alch value until it gradually climbed in anticipation of Invention. With the elite skill's release, players discovered it can be dissembled for 4 Explosive components, which yields an extremely high experience rate, causing a huge jump in price.