|Release date||9 September 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||12,000 coins|
|Low alch||8,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||77,083 coins (info)|
|Examine||A miniature dwarven cannon.|
The Hand cannon is a two-handed Ranged weapon that requires a Ranged level of 75, a Firemaking level of 61, and the completion of the Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest to wield. The hand cannon and its proprietary ammo, hand cannon shot, are dropped by cannoneers.
Unlike other weapons, this weapon has a chance to explode when attacking. This includes the use of abilities; a higher Firemaking level will reduce this chance. If a cannon explodes, it will damage the player and be destroyed.
It counts as a two-handed crossbow in between Karil's crossbow and the royal crossbow in terms of strength. It can prove to be an inexpensive alternative to the above two crossbows when killing monsters weak to bolts, such as waterfiends and warped tortoises.
The special attack, Aimed Shot, uses 50% Adrenaline, firing a shot that has 30-200% weapon damage, with 75% additional accuracy, taking longer to fire. However, it has a greater chance of exploding when using this attack.
A player wielding a hand cannon
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
|Disassembly XP ?||22.5|
|Item quantity required ?||1|
|Base junk chance ?||4.2%|
|Total materials received ?||4|
|7 × Explosive components|
Comparison with other Ranged weaponsEdit
|Noxious longbow||Two-handed (bow)||90||196,929,734||2458 (90)|
|Ascension crossbow and off-hand||Dual wield (crossbow)||90|| 75,180,361 (main-hand)|
|Wyvern crossbow||Two-handed (crossbow)||85||60,495,267||2178 (85)||
|Strykebow||Shieldbow|| 85 |
|Death lotus dart and off-hand||Dual wield (thrown)|| 85 |
| Ancient bones|
Ascension shard (25)
|Royal crossbow||Two-handed (crossbow)|| 80 |
|Zaryte bow||Two-handed (bow)||80||29,883,969||1924 (80)|
|Attuned crystal bow||Two-handed (bow)|| 80 |
| Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Attuned crystal chakram and off-hand||Dual wield (thrown)|| 80 |
| 2 Attuned crystal weapon seed|
2000 Harmonic dust
|Chaotic crossbow and off-hand||Dual wield (crossbow)|| 80 |
| 200,000 tokens (main-hand)|
100,000 tokens (off-hand)
|Hand cannon||Two-handed (crossbow)|| 75 |
|Armadyl crossbow and off-hand||Dual wield (crossbow)||75||3,282,868 (main-hand)|
|Chaos dwarf hand cannoneer||100||1||Rare|
- When cutting wood and using certain emotes, your hand cannon will not disappear if you're wielding it.
- Upon the release of Evolution of Combat, hand cannons no longer had a chance of exploding when using abilities. They could have only blown up on auto-attacks. However, an update of 6 October 2014 gave them a chance to explode again.
- It is one of only two weapons requiring a certain Firemaking level to wield, along with the inferno adze.
- When fired, the hand cannon appears to be partly inside the player's head. It is likely this is an oversight by Jagex.
- For a long time, hand cannons have sold for slightly under high-alch value until it gradually climbed in anticipation of Invention. With the elite skill's release, players discovered it can be dissembled for 4 Explosive components, which yields an extremely high experience rate, causing a huge jump in price.
Other ranged weapons
|Dwarf multicannon • Snowball • Chinchompa • Red chinchompa • Holy water • Hand cannon (shot) • Sling • Kayle's sling • Sagaie • Bolas • Mud pie|