|Release date||29 June 2004 (Update)|
|NPCs||Roavar, Stranger/Vanstrom Klause, Malak, Vera|
|Related quests||In Search of the Myreque, Desert Treasure, Creature of Fenkenstrain|
| GE resale
|Moonlight mead||Infinite||5 coins||N/A||130||N/A|
The tavern has numerous tables throughout the main room and, as such, is quite a good place for players to train their ranged or magic skills. Players are able to stand on the opposite side of a table from a werewolf and attack them from a distance, meaning the werewolves cannot attack them back. Players are also able to attack with melee, but should be aware that using any weapon other than the Wolfbane dagger will cause the humans to change to their werewolf forms. This can be potentially dangerous for lower-levelled players.
- The In Search of the Myreque quest can be started here by talking to "stranger" (later called Vanstrom Klause).
- The pickled brain needed in the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest can be found here.
- The blood diamond section of the Desert Treasure quest can be started by talking to Malak.
- Lex stays in the tavern during The Lost Toys miniquest.
TrapdoorEditBehind the bar is a trapdoor that leads down into the basement and out through a secret door to some caves and also out into Mort Myre Swamp. It is the start of the shortcut through the swamp to Mort'ton.
A Trapdoor Shortcut in Canifis to Mort'ton - Obtained by training Zachory Bragg to level 99. This shortcut uses the same trapdoor behind the tavern in Canifis. In order to use this shortcut, the option must be toggled on in the character interface by clicking on Zachory Bragg's level 99 description. The shortcut places the player's character next to the swamp boat in south-eastern Mort'ton.
- The name of the inn is a reference to "Hair of the dog", a nickname for a type of alcohol that is drunk to attempt to reduce the effects of a hangover.