|Please add an image!|
|Release date||21 November 2006 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 500 coins|
|Examine||It looks like it has caught something.|
Gyr falcon is a Hunter item that can be rented for 500 coins from Matthias, who is found inside the Falconer area of the Piscatoris Hunter area. Players with level 43 Hunter or above can rent a Gyr falcon to catch spotted, dark, and dashing kebbits.
If a player wishes to use a Gyr Falcon, they must have falconer's glove equipped, which will protect them from the falcon's sharp claws. Players can only remove this glove by talking to Matthias and returning the falcon.
Gyr falcons cannot be taken out of the falconry area and will automatically disappear if a player teleports out of the area while holding one.
- When you attack while still holding the falcon, you can attack with the falcon sideways, most likely from a random event. These will not disappear if you log out or change worlds.
- When capturing a spotted kebbit, the falcon glitches and moves between 1-6 squares before stopping.
- If you teleport out you get the message 'As you leave, Mathias' Falcon flies back to him', but if you left it on a kebbit, you get the message a few seconds later 'Your Falcon has left it's prey. You see it heading toward the falconer' when you are elsewhere and can't even see the falcon.
- In the FunOrb game Armies of Gielinor, it is seen that falcons fought for Seren in the God Wars .
- Gyrfalcons, in real life, are ironically the largest species of falcon in the world, whilst in the game they are the smallest and require the lowest level to hunt with.