|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Recipe for Disaster|
|Examine|| An old gypsy lady.|
|Notable features|| Has powers over time|
Aris Maye (referred to simply as Gypsy Aris) is a gypsy who lives in a tent in Varrock. The sign outside her tent has a large blinking eye. After an update, she was given black makeup around her eyes.
She is involved in the Recipe for Disaster quest and has great knowledge about the history of Gielinor and has vast magical powers; for example, she casts a Tempus Cessit spell in the beginning of the quest to stop time. It appears she also has an apparent inhuman lifespan. She claims to be seven times as old as the number of legs on the stools in The Blue Moon Inn, which would make her either 224, 266, or possibly, 364, depending on whether she is referring to the bar room only, the entire lower level, or both downstairs and upstairs, respectively.
- She used to be called just Gypsy, but this was changed so people would know her name is 'Aris', vital information needed for quests.
- In the old version of Demon Slayer, she reveals that she is a follower of Guthix.
- During Recipe for Disaster, her name is Gypsy, not Gypsy Aris.
- During Recipe for Disaster she refers to herself as the Wise Old Man's "bubbykins", indicating a possible (maybe past) relationship between the two.
- During Recipe for Disaster, the Culinaromancer says "You!" after spotting Gypsy Aris. This may be an inkling that they have battled before.
- On 15 December 2009 Gypsy Aris and her tent received a graphical makover.
- There was a glitch that when you clicked "Nevermind" option, it would still continue to the conversation of the "Demon Slayer". This has since been fixed.
- If you inspect Pirate Pete during Recipe for Disaster, Aris says "My Gypsy senses are tingling". This is an obvious reference to Spider-Man's quote "My spidey senses are tingling!".
- Gypsy Aris appeared as a costumed character at RuneFest 2011.