|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Recipe for Disaster, Dimension of Disaster|
|Examine|| A gypsy lady.|
She is involved in the Recipe for Disaster quest and has great knowledge about the history of Gielinor and has vast magical powers; for example, she casts a Tempus Cessit spell in the beginning of the quest to stop time. She is also the starting point of the Dimension of Disaster quest.
It appears she also has an apparent inhuman lifespan. She claims to be seven times as old as the number of legs on the stools in the Blue Moon Inn, which would make her either 224, 266, or 364, depending on whether she is referring to the bar room only, the entire lower level, or both downstairs and upstairs, respectively.
- She used to be called just Gypsy, but this was changed so people would know her name, vital information needed for quests.
- In the old version of Demon Slayer, she reveals that she is a follower of Guthix.
- During Recipe for Disaster she refers to herself as the Wise Old Man's "bubbykins", indicating a possible (maybe past) relationship between the two. The Culinaromancer also exclaim "You!" after spotting Gypsy Aris, hinting that they have battled before.
- Gypsy Aris appeared as a costumed character at RuneFest 2011.
- She has a gravestone in the New Varrock graveyard which reads "Aris Maye. The reports of her death have been greatly exaggerated." This is a reference to the American writer commonly known as Mark Twain.