|Release||22 September 2003 (Update)|
|High alch||48,000 coins|
|Low alch||32,000 coins|
|Examine||A magical staff imbued with the power of Guthix.|
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Mage Arena Staves||80,000||Coins||10||Yes|
The Guthix staff's special attack is Claws of Guthix. It costs 25% adrenaline and lasts for 1 minute. On a successful hit, this lowers the target's Defence level by 4. It also applies a debuff that increases the target's Affinity values by 2. In order to unlock and use this special attack, the Divine Storm spell must be cast 100 times on the mages inside the Mage Arena (players need not do this if they have already cast the original god spells 100 times within the mage arena before the spells' removal).
This special attack is incredibly useful in high-level combat scenarios, especially when paired with debuff spells such as Vulnerability to grant the user greater accuracy and damage against bosses like Telos or Yakamaru.
- When gnomes received a graphical update, so did the Guthix staff wielded by the gnomes in the Mage Arena.
- After the introduction of the Evolution of Combat, the staff was not given any stats, making it equivalent to a basic staff. A hidden update fixed this, making the staff and its counterparts level 60 Magic weapons like they were before the Evolution of Combat.
- Before the arrival of the Evolution of Combat, this staff was used to cast Claws of Guthix spell, but this was removed from the game and replaced with the Divine Storm spell. With the introduction of Legacy Mode, the spell has returned as the weapon's special attack.