|Release date||17 November 2004 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Horror from the Deep|
|High Alch||120 coins|
|Low Alch||80 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||The holy book of Guthix.|
Guthix's book of balance is a book held in place of a shield, and is the God book aligned with Guthix. Books of Balance must be made using all four torn Guthix pages which can be purchased from other players, obtained from treasure trails or by cremating a Vyrewatch. Equipping a book of balance allows the wielder to preach and perform ceremonies, such as blessing, last rites, and wedding rites by operating it. It also allows players with a Prayer level of 50 or greater to bless holy symbols and unholy symbols, at the cost of 60 prayer points per blessing (compared to 40 points lost when using the other two main God Books). Lost books of balance can be reclaimed at the Lighthouse by speaking to Jossik, complete with all pages that have been added, for no cost.
After completion of One Piercing Note, if the book has all four pages, and you have 60 crafting and 60 prayer, you can use it to create an Illuminated Book of Balance. This grants you 10,000 prayer experience (for the first time this is done only) and leaves you with both the Guthix's book of balance and an Illuminated book of balance.
Filling the Book of balance with all pages currently costs 1,853,910 coins.
A player wielding guthix's book of balance
|[view] • [talk]|
- Light and dark, day and night, Balance arises from contrast. I unify thee in the name of Guthix.
- Thy death was not in vain, for it brought some balance to the world. May Guthix bring you rest.
- May you walk the path, and never fall, For Guthix walks beside thee on thy journey. May Guthix bring you peace.
- The trees, the earth, the sky, the waters: All play their part upon this land. May Guthix bring you balance.
- Oddly enough, the description states that this is the "holy book of Guthix", even though Guthix is aligned with neither holiness nor unholiness.
- The line: "A journey of a single step, May take thee over a thousand miles. May Guthix bring you balance" is a reference to the famous phrase generally attributed to either Lao Tzu or Confucius.
- The book of balance was known to be the cheapest god book. The price of the pages combined were around 120,000 coins at one time. However, for unknown reasons, the price of the pages steadily climbed, and filling this book is now the second most expensive.
- There is a glitch where, if you leave the mother monster alone and talk to Jossik again, a second one will come out of the water. It will wander around aimlessly until you kill the original one and finish the quest.
|Book of balance|
|Book of law|
|Book of war|
Holy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of balance (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Unholy book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Ancient book (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of law (+5) (Illuminated (+8) • Book of war (+5) (Illuminated (+8)
Citharede symbol(+8) • Holy symbol(+8) • Unholy symbol(+8) • Amulet of power(+1) • Amulet of glory(+3) • Salve amulet (e)(+3) • Amulet of fury(+3) • Split dragontooth necklace(+4) • Stole(+4) • Twisted bird skull necklace(+3) • Demon horn necklace(+5) • Amulet of zealots(-5)
White equipment • Crozier(+6) • Maces • Toktz-mej-tal(+5) • Silver sickle (b)(+5) • Wolfbane(+5) • Ivandis flail(+5) • Godswords(+4) • Granite mace(+4) • Saradomin sword(+2) • Zamorakian spear(+2) • Ancient staff(-1)
(+) Prayer bonus