The Guardians of Guthix are a group of creatures chosen by Guthix himself, who were his trusted and empowered companions while he walked the world at the end of the Third Age. As he headed to sleep, he assigned some guardians to guard important locations (in the case of Fiara, Juna, and Cres) or philosophies (in the case of Valluta, Death, and potentially Ocellus) of the Guthixian religion at the end of the Third Age. According to Mod Osborne, there were originally as many Guardians as standing stones in a druids' circle, totalling eight. Some of the Guardians are blessed with great power and/or wisdom on Gielinor, greater even than some low-tier gods and divine beings.
- Fiara - Guardian of the Fist of Guthix - Fiara is the giant earwig guardian of the Fist of Guthix, a site of powerful magicks where Saradomin kept the Stone of Jas during the God Wars. The energy it leaks has made the location a site in need of protection. During the events of The World Wakes, she can potentially die.
- Juna - Guardian of the Tears of Guthix - Juna is the guardian of the Tears of Guthix cave, an underground spring where Guthix wept for those lost in the God Wars.
- Valluta - Guardian of the Void - Valluta is the giant tortoise tasked to stop any threat from other worlds that would attack Gielinor, notably the void pests, and is stationed in a temple home to large dimension instability. Valluta is immensely powerful, and could kill a Pest Queen in one blow, unless otherwise weakened.
- Death - Harold Death Esq., or the Grim Reaper, is tasked to regulate life in order to reach balance. He was the first being to die on Gielinor, and as such, was given the task of the Reaper by Guthix. He controls the process of respawning and has the ability to expand or shorten the lifespan of mortals in order to prevent or provide death, provided that individual's time has come. Per his role as a Guardian, he cannot randomly commit murders if their time hasn't come. Likewise, he cannot save a life if their time has come (as much as he or they may wish it), nor can he revive the dead.
- Cres - Guardian of Guthix's Resting Place - Cres was originally a man named Ipcress, but was killed near the end of the Second Age. Given new life by Guthix, in the form of a tree-like being, Cres was tasked to guard the resting place of Guthix. He is somewhat weaker compared to other guardians, but immensely intelligent, having many powerful bot-like minions which he used to create and defend Guthix's home. He was killed by Zilyana during the assassination of Guthix.
- Ocellus - Ocellus is a guardian with no known task, of a race called virius. He is currently trying to stop the Order of Ascension: a cult of ex-Guthixians that Ocellus bred to create humans who would not follow gods. This project failed, and after Guthix's death they began experimenting on people, hoping to find a way to ascend a human to godhood and create a new Guthix for them to worship. He is one of the Guardians who was not present at the assassination of Guthix.
- Aeternam - World Guardian - Aeternam was a powerful magus and the first World Guardian, working under Guthix during the God Wars. She was responsible for the freezing spell cast on the Temple of Lost Ancients. She, alongside four druids, were fused into the Balance Elemental after the erection of the Edicts of Guthix. The Elemental was slain at the end of the Fifth Age, and Aeternam as well as the four druids passed on.
- Solak - Solak is a creature of the anima mundi who defends the lost Grove from those who want its power. He is currently infected by a mental parasite that was once a traitorous elf.
- Player character - During the events of The World Wakes, the player is given Guthix's blessing, making the player a Guardian of Guthix. Later, the player is even appointed The World Guardian by Guthix. The player is told by Guthix that they now hold immense power, enough to defend Gielinor against the gods themselves.
- There have been other Guardians of Guthix whose identities and fates are currently unknown.
Guardians of Guthix