|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|XP per kill||51.9 (and 17.1 experience)|
|Examine text||He doesn't seem pleased to see me.|
|Assigned by||Turael or Spria, Mazchna or Achtryn|
A guard dog is an aggressive dog. Guard dogs drops green charms and Bones. They can be slain for a 'dog' Slayer task assigned by a Slayer Master. For lower-level players, guard dogs can be tough to melee, as they can hit frequently, but these players can easily attack them from safe spots using ranged, magic, or long-range melee weapons like Halberds. One safe spot is through the fence of the north side of the McGrubor's Wood. Another spot is behind the mushrooms located on the south-west corner of the wood. Players wielding a halberd can safely attack them from any side of the fence.
- Handelmort Mansion - Four spawn patrolling around Lord Handelmort's Garden, West of Ardougne Marketplace.
- McGrubor's Wood - Ten dogs spawn throughout the woods, although the dog in the northwest corner cannot be reached.
- Black Arm Gang hideout in Brimhaven - Three.
The dogs respawn fairly quickly, so only 2-3 dogs that are close together will be sufficient to fulfill a slayer task, especially on a crowded world with faster respawn rates.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Bones 1 Always 151
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold