Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Grinning Idol is a Squeal of Fortune promotion. Grinning idol parts appeared on the Squeal of Fortune on the 18 October 2013 and were available there until 28 October. All parts will be removed from the game on 8 November.
Four parts (three parts for free players) compose the idols: bodies, legs, and arms for free players, plus heads for members. Parts can be used individually for experience or combined for more experience.
Parts can be traded with other players on a like-for-like basis. So any head can be traded for any other head and bodies can be swapped for other bodies, however arms and legs can be exchanged for either arms or legs.
Note: Combat experience can be toggled off by right-clicking the idol and toggling Combat experience off. The removed experience is not distributed among the other skills.
To combine pieces, players must start with a body, then attach the legs, arms, and head of the same material in any order. Once activated the idol will be consumed and will award bonus experience in the following skills.
- Bronze: Cooking, Firemaking, Hunter, Slayer, Strength, Divination
- Jade: Construction, Defence, Herblore, Mining, Woodcutting
- Gold: Agility, Crafting, Fletching, Ranged, Smithing
- Ivory: Constitution, Magic, Prayer, Runecrafting, Summoning
- Obsidian: Attack, Dungeoneering, Farming, Fishing, Thieving
- The Jagex news post originally interchanged obsidian and ivory from what they really do.
- Unlike most items that award instant experience rewards such as lamps, Bonus experience does take effect upon using idol parts.