|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||3,109 coins (info)|
|Examine||I need to clean this herb before I can use it.|
A grimy ranarr is a herb that can be cleaned to make a clean ranarr. Grimy ranarr may be grown from a ranarr seed with a Farming level of 32. Cleaning a grimy ranarr requires a Herblore level of 25 and gives 7.5 Herblore experience. Clean ranarr are used to make prayer potions with Herblore level 38. Grimy ranarr may also be obtained from the Sorceress's Garden minigame. Grimy herbs, including ranarr, are commonly found by killing chaos druids. Killing flesh crawlers and ice warriors are also a relatively good strategy to collect grimy ranarr.
Cleaning grimy ranarr yields a profit of 177 coins per herb.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||72.5%|
- When a player cleans ranarr, he or she receives the message, "You clean the dirt from the ranarr weed." This is a reference to the fact that "grimy ranarr" were once referred to as "ranarr weeds" in RuneScape history.
- All herbs dropped in price in the beginning months of 2011, caused possibly by the Bonus XP Weekends and increasing botting of herb gathering such as Sorceress's Garden. The ranarr was most noticeable - It dropped from approximately 7k coins to less than 3k in about a week after the weekend had finished. After the "bot nuke" in October of the same year, the price skyrocketed and had gained back all of its losses from the previous 180 days, and more.
|Gielinor Games (discontinued)||