|Release date||28 November 2011 (Update)|
|XP per kill||846.5 (and 279.3 experience)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Examine text||A prickly creature covered in grifolic fungus. / This grifolapine has been weakened slightly. (When affected by neem oil)|
A Grifolapine is a monster found in the Polypore Dungeon on the third level. It requires a Slayer level of 88 to kill, and 60 Magic for the player to receive as a Slayer assignment. They are located in the third level of Polypore Dungeon.
Grifolapines have similar drops to grifolaroos but have much better drop rates for grifolic flakes, the sought after item to create the grifolic set. In addition, they are the only monster that drops the grifolic wand and grifolic shield.
|“||Grifolapines live in a depths of a cave north-east of the Mage Training Arena. The creatures of that dungeon are coated in toxic fungus, so you should fight them from a distance, and dodge when they charge at you. The fungus helps them repair physical damage, so you might prefer using magical attacks.||”|
The mushrooms on the platform can be used to hide behind to prevent toxic fungus damage. This monster attacks with Magic most of the time, so Protect from Magic/Deflect Magic will prevent most damage dealt. When using neem oil it will not attack with Magic anymore, but it will use its Ranged attack, hence using Protect from Missiles/Deflect Missiles can be used. It is resistant to Ranged and melee damage, so Magic would be the ideal method of attacking these creatures.
These monsters never move when idle. They will only move when they say "Raargh!", moving twice as fast as a player when running. Unless you are quick and use Neem oil instantly, you will take fungal damage. Their fungal damage does low to medium damage (50-150) rapidly. However, safespotting prevents this. If they are blocked, they will say *Sigh*, and resume attacking. Upon ending with *Sigh*, it skips 1 or 2 of its battle turns. Their relatively low damage also makes it useful to cast Soul Split on them, as the player hits higher than they do.
Grifolapines shouldn't be far from their home platforms, unless someone has attacked them. Four grifolapines can be found in one of their grifolic-infested platforms. It may be hard to notice their Magic attack, because it looks as if a Grifolapine is idle. Their Magic attack hits harder and quite often, so it is best to constantly use Neem oil on them to prevent this.
Note: Unlike most creatures that are weak to water spells, these are not weak against magic in general. The only way to effectively kill them is to use water spells. Other spells will miss about 80% of the time.
Grifolapines are fairly easy to kill if you safe spot them, it would be advised to take some food just incase you need to heal. An experienced and high level player can easily finish a task in under 20 minutes, however low level players will have more of a challenge, so extra food is advised.
- Helm: Full Slayer helm/Hexcrest > Virtus mask > Akrisae's hood > Ahrim's hood > Farseer helm > Helm of neitiznot
- Cape: Completionist cape > Max cape > God cape > Soul wars cape > Ardougne cloak
- Necklace: Arcane stream necklace > Amulet of fury > Demon horn necklace > Amulet of glory
- Top: Virtus robe top > Garb of subjugation > Ganodermic poncho > Akrisae's robe top > Ahrim's robe top
- Bottom: Virtus robe legs > Gown of subjugation > Ganodermic leggings > Akrisae's robe skirt > Ahrim's robe skirt
- Weapon: Chaotic staff > Armadyl battlestaff > Staff of light > Polypore staff
- Boots: Ragefire boots > Ganodermic Boots > Infinity boots > Mystic boots
- Gloves: Spellcaster gloves > Ganodermic Gloves > Barrows gloves > Infinity gloves > Mystic gloves
- Ring: Seers ring (i) > Onyx ring (i) > Dragonstone ring (i) > Lunar ring(i) > Tokkul-Zo > Seers' ring > Beacon ring
Note: The full slayer helm or the hexcrest should only be used if on a slayer assignment.
100% drop Edit
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 4,167 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and Armour Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Death rune 8–13 Uncommon 744–1,209 Chaos rune 50–80, 100 Uncommon 2,050–4,100
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 516 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 43 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 225 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 612 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,169 Grimy irit 1 Uncommon 1,772 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,171 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 2,557 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,538 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 7,733 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 8,069
A total of three seeds will be dropped, one or more of the seeds may be the same.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Avantoe seed 1 Uncommon 1,989 Dwarf weed seed 1 Uncommon 36,586 Limpwurt seed 1–2 Uncommon 870–1,740 Wildblood seed 1 Uncommon 40 Belladonna seed 1 Uncommon 34 Jangerberry seed 1–2 Uncommon 3–6 Strawberry seed 1–2 Uncommon 335–670 Tarromin seed 1 Uncommon 4 Harralander seed 1 Uncommon 9 Cadantine seed 1 Uncommon 2,038 Spirit weed seed 1 Uncommon 345 Marrentill seed 1 Uncommon 12 Irit seed 1 Uncommon 66 Watermelon seed 1 Uncommon 1,963 Kwuarm seed 1 Uncommon 311 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 2,360 Toadflax seed 1 Uncommon 623 Ranarr seed 1 Uncommon 877 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 70,221 Whiteberry seed 1 Uncommon 29 Bittercap mushroom spore 1 Uncommon 10 Lantadyme seed 1 Uncommon 34,200
Other drops Edit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Polypore spore 1–300 Common 3–900 Grifolic flake 1–100 Common 117–11,700 Gorajian mushroom 5 (noted) Common 205 Anagogic ort 20 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Uncommon 20 Swamp tar 3 Uncommon 900 Eye of newt 1 Uncommon 8 Snape grass 15–24 (noted) Uncommon 4,320–6,912 Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- A grifolapine is shown in the RuneScape Cinematic Trailer. It doesn't do anything except stare at Ozan.
- Grifolapines are one of the few monsters in RuneScape that will never move from their spawn point, the others being the Spiritual mages (Bandos), and Ancient mages.
- Their name and examine text could be a reference to porcupines.