|Release date||28 November 2011 (Update)|
|XP per kill||805 (and 265.6 experience)|
|Examine text||A prickly creature covered in grifolic fungus. / This grifolapine has been weakened slightly. (When affected by neem oil)|
|Assigned by||Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran|
A Grifolapine is a monster found in the Polypore Dungeon (fairy ring code B•I•P) on the third level. It requires a Slayer level of 88 to kill, and 60 Magic for the player to receive as a Slayer assignment. They are located in the third level of Polypore Dungeon.
Grifolapines have similar drops to grifolaroos but have much better drop rates for grifolic flakes, the sought after item to create the grifolic set. In addition, they are the only monster that drops the grifolic wand and grifolic shield.
|“||Grifolapines live in the depths of a cave north-east of the Mage Training Arena. The creatures of that dungeon are coated in toxic fungus, so you should fight them from a distance, and dodge when they charge at you. The fungus helps them repair physical damage, so you might prefer using magical attacks.||”|
The mushrooms on the platform can be used to hide behind to prevent toxic fungus damage. This monster attacks with Magic most of the time, so Protect from Magic/Deflect Magic will prevent most damage dealt. When using neem oil it will not attack with Magic anymore, but it will use its Ranged attack, hence using Protect from Missiles/Deflect Missiles can be used. It is resistant to Ranged and melee damage, so Magic would be the ideal method of attacking these creatures.
These monsters never move when idle. They will only move when they say "Raargh!", moving twice as fast as a player when running. Unless you are quick and use Neem oil instantly, you will take fungal damage. Their fungal damage does low to medium damage (50-150) rapidly. However, safespotting prevents this. If they are blocked, they will say *Sigh*, and resume attacking. Upon ending with *Sigh*, it skips 1 or 2 of its battle turns. Their relatively low damage also makes it useful to cast Soul Split on them, as the player hits higher than they do.
Grifolapines shouldn't be far from their home platforms, unless someone has attacked them. Four grifolapines can be found in one of their grifolic-infested platforms. It may be hard to notice their Magic attack, because it looks as if a Grifolapine is idle. Their Magic attack hits harder and quite often, so it is best to constantly use Neem oil on them to prevent this.
Note: Unlike most creatures that are weak to water spells, these are not weak against magic in general. The only way to effectively kill them is to use water spells. Other spells will miss about 80% of the time.
Grifolapines are fairly easy to kill if you safe spot them, it would be advised to take some food just incase you need to heal. An experienced and high level player can easily finish a task in under 20 minutes, however low level players will have more of a challenge, so extra food is advised.
- Helm: Full Slayer helm/Hexcrest > Tectonic helm > Virtus mask > > Ahrim's hood > Farseer helm > Helm of neitiznot
- Cape: Completionist cape > Max cape > God cape > Skill Cape > Ardougne cloak
- Necklace: Arcane stream necklace > Amulet of fury > Demon horn necklace > Amulet of glory
- Top: Tectonic body > Virtus robe top > Garb of subjugation > Ganodermic poncho > > Ahrim's robe top
- Bottom: Tectonic legs > Virtus robe legs > Gown of subjugation > Ganodermic leggings > Ahrim's robe skirt
- Weapon: Seismic wand/Seismic orb > Virtus Wand/Virtus Book > Chaotic staff > Armadyl battlestaff > Staff of light > Polypore staff
- Boots: Virtus Boots > Boots of subjugation > Ragefire boots > Ganodermic Boots > Infinity boots > Mystic boots
- Gloves: Virtus Gloves > Gloves Of Subjugation > Spellcaster gloves > Ganodermic Gloves > Barrows gloves > Infinity gloves > Mystic gloves
- Ring: Seers ring (i) > Onyx ring (i)/Sixth-Age circuit > Dragonstone ring (i) > Lunar ring(i) > Tokkul-Zo > Seers' ring > Beacon ring > Ring of wealth
- 12-18 high level food
- Bonecrusher (and worn suitable dungeoneering necklace to restore prayer) or:
- 2-4 Prayer potions
- Neem oil
- Charming imp
Note: The full slayer helm or the hexcrest should only be used if on a slayer assignment.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 5,885 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and ArmourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grifolic shield 1 Uncommon 42,927 Grifolic wand 1 Uncommon 29,698
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Death rune 8–13 Uncommon 1,720–2,795 Chaos rune 50–80, 100 Uncommon 2,150–4,300
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 686 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 192 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 38 Grimy harralander 1 Uncommon 160 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,891 Grimy irit 1 Uncommon 2,690 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,270 Grimy kwuarm 1 Rare 3,651 Grimy cadantine 1 Rare 2,167 Grimy lantadyme 1 Rare 8,916 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Rare 9,050
A total of three seeds will be dropped, one or more of the seeds may be the same.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Avantoe seed 1 Uncommon 2,812 Dwarf weed seed 1 Uncommon 43,589 Limpwurt seed 1–2 Uncommon 1,394–2,788 Wildblood seed 1 Uncommon 373 Belladonna seed 1 Uncommon 62 Jangerberry seed 1–2 Uncommon 1–2 Strawberry seed 1–2 Uncommon 398–796 Tarromin seed 1 Uncommon 12 Harralander seed 1 Uncommon 10 Cadantine seed 1 Uncommon 915 Spirit weed seed 1 Uncommon 437 Marrentill seed 1 Uncommon 20 Irit seed 1 Uncommon 262 Watermelon seed 1 Uncommon 2,849 Kwuarm seed 1 Uncommon 655 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 2,172 Toadflax seed 1 Uncommon 2,321 Ranarr seed 1 Uncommon 1,528 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 39,030 Whiteberry seed 1 Uncommon 5 Bittercap mushroom spore 1 Uncommon 13 Lantadyme seed 1 Uncommon 39,184
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Polypore spore 1–300 Common 2–600 Grifolic flake 1–100 Common 72–7,200 Gorajian mushroom 5 (noted) Common 160 Anagogic ort 20 Common Not sold Vial of water 1 Uncommon 44 Swamp tar 3 Uncommon 1,278 Eye of newt 1 Uncommon 7 Snape grass 15–24 (noted) Uncommon 5,940–9,504 Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- A grifolapine is shown in the RuneScape Cinematic Trailer. It doesn't do anything except stare at Ozan.
- Grifolapines are one of the few monsters in RuneScape that will never move from their spawn point, the others being the Spiritual mages (Bandos), and Ancient mages.
- Their name and examine text could be a reference to porcupines.