|Release||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|Quest item||Recipe for Disaster|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||2,272 coins (info)|
|Examine||A glass of frothy ale.|
Greenman's ale is an ale that can be player-made through Brewing at level 29 Cooking, granting 281 experience per batch. When drunk, it heals 290 life points, and provides a temporary boost to the player's Herblore level of 1 for 60 seconds, at the cost of decreasing attack, strength and defence. It can be bought from the bartender in Yanille for 10 coins (only 1 at a time after a short dialogue). It can also be bought from Jossik at the Lighthouse after Horror from the Deep, for 2 coins each with a stock of 10, as well as from Rasolo for the same price and with the same stock as Jossik.
The full recipe for Greenman's ale is:
- 2 Buckets of water
- 2 Barley malt.
- (optional) 1 "The stuff", to increase chance of maturity.
- 4 Clean harralander
- 1 Ale yeast
- Wait two to five days
- Collect the completed ale using eight Beer glasses or two Calquat kegs. Using a keg will make Greenman's ale (keg).
This ale has a stronger counterpart: Mature Greenman's ale, which provides a +2 temporary Herblore boost. Be aware that Greenman's ale (m) is extremely expensive. The chance of Greenman's ale maturing is very low, but the odds can be increased by using The Stuff during the brewing process.
This item is a necessary item for the beginning quest of Recipe for Disaster. It is also featured in the Construction skill. At level 26 Construction and level 29 Cooking, players can construct a Greenman's ale barrel in the kitchen of the player's POH, using 8 glasses of Greenman's ale and 3 oak planks. A barrel of ale gives unlimited glasses of that ale; unfortunately, this greeman's ale cannot be taken outside the POH (it vanishes). Servants such as Rick and Maids can also serve this ale if the player selects Drinks under the Serve option.
This ale can be useful to players practicing Herblore. As it boosts the players Herblore level when drunk, it allows players to make potions and clean herbs that they would otherwise not be able to, as well as allowing players to start the quest While Guthix Sleeps with 64 Herblore instead of the required 65.
There is no additional colour change for The stuff being added.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|The Lighthouse Store||2||Coins||10||Yes|
|Rasolo the Wandering Merchant||2||Coins||10||Yes|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||68.1%|
- According to the Lumbridge Castle cook, Greenman's ale is the official sponsored beverage of Castle Wars.
- The name of this beverage may be related to the Green Man, a representation of a face or figure surrounded by or composed of leaves, often representative of nature. The Green Man is also a popular name for English pubs.