- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Release date||1 December 2003 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Slayer XP||75/86.25 *If using dragon slayer gloves|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and Green dragonhide|
|Examine text||Must be related to Elvarg.|
Green dragons are the weakest of the four adult chromatic dragons and the weakest adult dragon that can breathe fire in RuneScape, with a combat level of 79. As with all adult dragons, wielding an Anti-dragon shield, Dragonfire shield or being under the effects of a Super antifire potion is a must. Found in various locations in the Wilderness as well as the Chaos Tunnels, they can breathe fire which can deal extremely high damage (500+) to players insufficiently protected. They are also the only one of the four chromatic dragons that don't have an attackable baby form; baby Green dragons are only available as level 99 Summoning pets.
Killing Green dragons for their bones and hides is one of the oldest methods of money making in RuneScape. A combined inventory of Dragon bones and Green dragonhides is worth anywhere from 80k to 120k. The 1 February 2011 updates, which removed revenants from the Wilderness and brought back player killers, sharply increased green dragonhide prices. Later, they decreased again as botters returned to Runescape. The bones and dragonhides are commonly utilised by players training Prayer and Crafting respectively, creating the demand for these two items.
If assigned for a slayer task, Brutal green dragons may take their place. However, this requires the completion of the Barbarian Firemaking training.
Note: There is no guarantee that there will be no PKers, and it is up to players to take caution.
- 3 Green dragons: (level 12-14 Wilderness) North of Goblin Village and west of Dark Warriors' Fortress. Note: no longer has safespots. Players in the Wilderness may also attack you.
- 5 Green dragons: (level 34-38 Wilderness) South-east of the Lava Maze. This spot is commonly patrolled by pkers.
- 12 Green dragons: (level 19-24 Wilderness) East of Bone Yard . The most popular area to kill green dragons. Most likely to get player killed in this area.
- Chaos Tunnels (multicombat area, also: Baby black dragons) making this area somewhat irritating for many players. There are 3 Green dragons in one cave and 4 Green dragons in the other; see the map of the Tunnels in the article for more information.
- 5 Green Dragons: Forinthry Dungeon (around level 17 and 18 Wilderness). They are just beside the Greater demons area. It can be accessed in level 32 or level 18 Wilderness, near the southwest entrance to the old Bounty Hunter volcano. Considered the safest place for Green dragon hunting. However, if you take the level 31 entrance you may have to pass through revenants and other dangerous monsters in the Dungeon to get to the spot. This spot is a multi-combat zone.
- Daemonhiem: On the Abandoned set of floors. These dragons are much more dangerous, as they range from low to very high levels and also do magic attacks, plus long-range firebreath.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel platelegs 1 Common 426 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 964 Adamant full helm 1 Rare 1,826
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 266 Mithril hatchet 1 Common 195 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 373 Rune dagger 1 Uncommon 4,403
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 75 Common 975 Fire rune 37 Common 370 Nature rune 15, 30, 75 Common 1,680–8,400 Law rune 3 Common 537
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 16,786 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy irit 1 Common 1,772 Grimy harralander 1 Common 612 Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 516 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,171 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 2,538 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 43 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 225 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,169 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,557 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 7,733 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 8,069
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 11–440 Common Not sold Bass 1 Common 193 Perfect green dragon scale 1 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,459 Green dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Dragon egg 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spin Ticket 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- ^ Only while performing Vannaka's Slayer challenge.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list.
- ^ Must be 99 Summoning.
Rare drop table drops
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- On 5 July 2010, green dragons received a graphical update with the release of the Love Story quest.
- There used to be four different variations of Green dragons; after the above mentioned update, however, there are only three variations of Green dragons.
- There is a wallpaper called Return of the Wilderness that was available from 26 January 2011 that has the Green dragon featured on the right hand side of it.
- In the Hallowe'en 2011 event the player has to choose a green dragon to represent Death in statue form.
- Green dragons are the only chromatic dragons to not have an attackable baby counterpart.
Dragons and dragon-like races