- This article has a strategy guide here.
|Release date||1 December 2003 (Update)|
|XP per kill||362 (and 119.5 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and Green dragonhide|
|Examine text||Must be related to Elvarg.|
Green dragons are the weakest of the four adult chromatic dragons and the weakest adult dragon that can breathe fire in RuneScape, with a combat level of 90. They mainly attack with magic and a long-ranged dragonbreath attack. If the player is in melee distance, they can also use melee. As with all adult dragons, wielding an Anti-dragon shield or Dragonfire shield, using Protect from Magic, or being under the effects of a Super antifire potion are a must, otherwise they can breathe fire which can deal extremely high damage (1000+). They are also the only one of the four chromatic dragons that don't have an attackable baby form; baby Green dragons are only available as level 99 Summoning pets. They can be found in various locations throughout the Wilderness as well as the Chaos Tunnels.
Killing Green dragons for their bones and hides is one of the oldest methods of money making in RuneScape. A combined inventory of Dragon bones and Green dragonhides is worth approximately 76,000gp. The 1 February 2011 updates, which removed revenants from the Wilderness and brought back player killers, sharply increased green dragonhide prices. Later, they decreased again as botters returned to Runescape. The bones and dragonhides are commonly utilised by players training Prayer and Crafting respectively, creating the demand for these two items.
If assigned for a slayer task, Brutal green dragons may take their place. However, this requires the completion of the Barbarian Firemaking training.
Note: There is no guarantee that there will be no PKers, and it is up to players to take caution.
- 3 Green dragons: (level 15-18 Wilderness) North of Goblin Village and west of Dark Warriors' Fortress. Note: No longer has safespots. Players in the Wilderness may also attack you, though this is rarely patrolled due to players can teleport immediately out. No longer as crowded due to players moving to Runescape 2007.
- 5 Green dragons: (level 48-52 Wilderness) South-east of the Lava Maze. This spot may be patrolled by pkers.
- 12 Green dragons: (level 26-32 Wilderness) East of Bone Yard . The most popular area to kill green dragons. Most likely to get player killed in this area, if at all.
- Chaos Tunnels (Baby black dragons) making this area somewhat irritating for many players. There are 3 Green dragons in one cave and 4 Green dragons in the other; see the map of the Tunnels in the article for more information.
- 5 Green Dragons: Forinthry Dungeon (around level 17 and 18 Wilderness). They are just beside the Greater demons area. It can be accessed in level 39 or level 22 Wilderness, near the southwest entrance to the old Bounty Hunter volcano. Considered the safest place for Green dragon hunting. Warning: If you take the level 39 entrance you may have to pass through revenants and other dangerous monsters in the Dungeon to get to the spot.
- Daemonheim: On the Abandoned set of floors. These dragons are much more dangerous, as they range from low to very high levels and also do magic attacks, plus long-range firebreath.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel platelegs 1 Common 419 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,021 Adamant full helm 1 Rare 1,866
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 249 Mithril hatchet 1 Common 169 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 264 Rune dagger 1 Uncommon 4,468
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 75–150 Common 825–1,650 Fire rune 37 Common 444 Nature rune 15, 30, 75 Common 1,725–8,625 Law rune 3 Common 570
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 16,786 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy irit 1 Common 1,863 Grimy harralander 1 Common 467 Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 361 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 3,979 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 2,156 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 57 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 168 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,244 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 2,245 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 7,791 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 9,087
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 11–440 Common Not sold Bass 1 Common 196 Perfect green dragon scale 1 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,428 Green dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Dragon egg 1 Very rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- ^ Only while performing Vannaka's Slayer challenge.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list.
- ^ Must be 99 Summoning.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster drops items from the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances if equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250; 381; 450; 3,000; 9,000; 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,082 Uncut emerald 1 Common 1,884 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,172 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,110 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 10,649 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 17,280 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,885 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,457 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,857 Rune javelin 5 Rare 1,240 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,320 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,963 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,049 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,917 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 842,850 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,650 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,283 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,284 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,692 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 20,000 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,297,050 Rune arrow 150–200; 500 Rare 29,850–199 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,680,400 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,587,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,723,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 91,765 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 5,606 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 19,050–26,670 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 50,400–70,560 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 175 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 195 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 32,500–975,000 Nature rune 47–77 Rare 5,405–8,855 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,460 Law rune 45 Rare 8,550 Death rune 50; 121 Rare 159 Blood rune 50 Rare 14,450 Raw swordfish 125 – 250; 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 36,750–294 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 250,500–501,000 Big bones 150 – 500 (noted) Uncommon 68,100–227,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 38,850–1,942,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 214,200–1,142,400 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,056,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 2,838,000–19,866,000 Rune bar 1,50,150 (noted) Rare 13,017–1,952,550 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 75,768 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 85,700–857,000 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 103,980–415,920 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 91,330–913,300 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 64,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,694 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 60,155–3,007,750 Magic seed 1–6 Rare 163,646–981,876 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,017,430 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,087 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 51,085–1,583,635 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,000 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 52,500–10,500,000
- On 5 July 2010, green dragons received a graphical update with the release of the Love Story quest.
- There used to be four different variations of Green dragons; after the above mentioned update, however, there are only three variations of Green dragons.
- There is a wallpaper called Return of the Wilderness that was available from 26 January 2011 that has the Green dragon featured on the right hand side of it.
- In the Hallowe'en 2011 event the player had to choose a green dragon to represent Death in statue form.
- Green dragons are the only chromatic dragons to not have an attackable baby counterpart.
Dragons and dragon-like races