- This article has a related strategy guide here.
|Release date||1 December 2003 (Update)|
|XP per kill||198 (and 65.3 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and Green dragonhide|
|Examine text||Must be related to Elvarg.|
Green dragons are the weakest of the four adult chromatic dragons and the weakest adult dragon that can breathe fire in RuneScape, with a combat level of 63. They mainly attack with magic and a long-ranged dragonbreath attack. If the player is in melee distance, they can also use melee. As with all adult dragons, wielding an Anti-dragon shield or Dragonfire shield, using Protect from Magic, or being under the effects of a Super antifire potion are a must, otherwise they can breathe fire which can deal extremely high damage (1000+). They are also the only one of the four chromatic dragons that don't have an attackable baby form; baby Green dragons are only available as level 99 Summoning pets. They can be found in various locations throughout the Wilderness as well as the Chaos Tunnels.
Killing Green dragons for their bones and hides is one of the oldest methods of money making in RuneScape. A combined inventory of Dragon bones and Green dragonhides is worth approximately 92,000gp. The 1 February 2011 updates, which removed revenants from the Wilderness and brought back player killers, sharply increased green dragonhide prices. Later, they decreased again as botters returned to Runescape. The bones and dragonhides are commonly utilised by players training Prayer and Crafting respectively, creating the demand for these two items.
If assigned for a slayer task, Brutal green dragons may take their place. However, this requires the completion of the Barbarian Firemaking training.
Note: There is no guarantee that there will be no PKers, and it is up to players to take caution.
- 3 Green dragons: (level 12-18 Wilderness) North of Goblin Village and west of Dark Warriors' Fortress. Note: No longer has safespots. Players in the Wilderness may also attack you, though this is rarely patrolled due to players being able to teleport immediately out. Seldom crowded.
- 5 Green dragons: (level 48-52 Wilderness) South-east of the Lava Maze. This spot may be patrolled by pkers.
- 12 Green dragons: (level 26-32 Wilderness) East of Boneyard. The most popular area to kill green dragons. The chance to get player killed in this area is small to non existent.
- Chaos Tunnels (Baby black dragons) making this area somewhat irritating for many players. There are 3 Green dragons in one cave and 4 Green dragons in the other; see the map of the Tunnels in the article for more information.
- 5 Green dragons: Forinthry Dungeon (around level 17 and 18 Wilderness). They are just beside the Greater demons area. It can be accessed in level 39 or level 22 Wilderness, near the southwest entrance to the old Bounty Hunter volcano. Considered the safest place for Green dragon hunting. Warning: If you take the level 39 entrance you may have to pass through revenants and other dangerous monsters in the Dungeon to get to the spot.
- Daemonheim: On the Abandoned set of floors. These dragons are much more dangerous, as they range from low to very high levels and also do magic attacks, plus long-range firebreath.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel platelegs 1 Common 292 Adamant full helm 1 Common 1,651 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 819
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 127 Mithril hatchet 1 Common 122 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 258 Rune dagger 1 Uncommon 4,328
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 75–150 Common 1,950–3,900 Fire rune 37 Common 1,702 Nature rune 15, 30, 75 Common 4,500–22,500 Law rune 3 Common 816
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 17,117 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy irit 1 Common 2,794 Grimy harralander 1 Common 186 Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 979 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,749 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 1,955 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 83 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 34 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 3,654 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 3,713 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 10,325 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 12,357
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 11–440 Common Not sold Bass 1 Common 254 Perfect green dragon scale 1 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 2,154 Green dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Dragon egg 1 Very rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- ^ Only while performing Vannaka's Slayer challenge.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list.
- ^ Must be 99 Summoning.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,368 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,997 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,806 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,277 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,487 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 43,434 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,516 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,710 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,438 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 23,920 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,060 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,386 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,311 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 35,975 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 821,900 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,436 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,191 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,290 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,080 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 22,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,265,850 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,650–75,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,622,200 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,630,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,084,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 101,881 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,892 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 77,100–107,940 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,375–112,525 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 960 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 303 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 9,000–270,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,000–24,000 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,280 Law rune 45 Rare 12,240 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 8,450–20,449 Blood rune 50 Rare 16,100 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 46,000–368,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 406,000–812,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 90,600–302,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 32,700–1,635,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 323,100–1,723,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,155,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,165,000–22,155,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 14,398–2,159,700 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 122,760 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 120,275–1,202,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 146,490–585,960 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 76,080–760,800 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 178,250 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,913 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 68,615–3,430,750 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 153,198–1,072,386 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,001,410 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,319 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 23,156–717,836 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 2,242 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 23,450–9,380,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- On 5 July 2010, green dragons received a graphical update with the release of the Love Story quest.
- There used to be four different variations of Green dragons; after the above mentioned update, however, there are only three variations of Green dragons.
- There is a wallpaper called Return of the Wilderness that was available from 26 January 2011 that has the Green dragon featured on the right hand side of it.
- In the Hallowe'en 2011 event the player had to choose a green dragon to represent Death in statue form.
- Green dragons are the only chromatic dragons to not have an attackable baby counterpart.
Dragons and dragon-like races
|Chromatic dragons||Green dragon (brutal) (Daemonheim) (baby) • Blue dragon (baby) • Red dragon (baby) (Daemonheim) • Black dragon (baby) (Daemonheim) • White dragon ( Celestial dragon)|
|Metal dragons||Bronze dragon • Iron dragon (Daemonheim) • Steel dragon • Mithril dragon|
|Other||Frost dragon (Daemonheim) • Skeletal Wyvern • Revenant dragon • Fairy Dragon|
|Notable dragons||King Black Dragon•Queen Black Dragon • Elvarg • Mr. Mordaut• Therragorn • K'klik • Tutorial dragon • Three-headed dragon|
|Dragonkin||Dragonkin (NPC) • Sakirth • Sithaph • Strisath • Kerapac • Taraket|