|Release date||1 December 2003 (Update)|
|XP per kill||198 (and 65.3 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and Green dragonhide|
|Examine text||Must be related to Elvarg.|
Green dragons are the weakest of the four adult chromatic dragons and the weakest adult dragon that can breathe fire in RuneScape, with a combat level of 63. They mainly attack with magic and a long-ranged dragonbreath attack. If the player is in melee distance, they can also use melee. As with all adult dragons, wielding an Anti-dragon shield or Dragonfire shield, using Protect from Magic, or being under the effects of a Super antifire potion are a must, otherwise they can breathe fire which can deal extremely high damage (1000+). They are also the only one of the four chromatic dragons that don't have an attackable baby form; baby Green dragons are only available as level 99 Summoning pets. They can be found in various locations throughout the Wilderness as well as the Chaos Tunnels.
Killing Green dragons for their bones and hides is one of the oldest methods of money making in RuneScape. A combined inventory of Dragon bones and Green dragonhides is worth approximately 67,000gp. The 1 February 2011 updates, which removed revenants from the Wilderness and brought back player killers, sharply increased green dragonhide prices. Later, they decreased again as botters returned to Runescape. The bones and dragonhides are commonly utilised by players training Prayer and Crafting respectively, creating the demand for these two items.
If assigned for a slayer task, Brutal green dragons may take their place. However, this requires the completion of the Barbarian Firemaking training.
Note: There is no guarantee that there will be no PKers, and it is up to players to take caution.
- 3 Green dragons: (level 12–15 Wilderness) North of Goblin Village and west of Dark Warriors' Fortress. Note: No longer has safespots. Players in the Wilderness may also attack you, though this is rarely patrolled due to players being able to teleport immediately out. Seldom crowded.
- 5 Green dragons: (level 48–52 Wilderness) South-east of the Lava Maze. This spot may be patrolled by pkers.
- 12 Green dragons: (level 18–24 Wilderness) East of Boneyard. The most popular area to kill green dragons. The chance to get player killed in this area is small to non existent.
- Chaos Tunnels (Baby black dragons) making this area somewhat irritating for many players. There are 3 Green dragons in one cave and 4 Green dragons in the other; see the map of the Tunnels in the article for more information.
- 5 Green dragons: Forinthry Dungeon (around level 17–18 Wilderness). They are just beside the Greater demons area. It can be accessed in level 39 or level 22 Wilderness, near the southwest entrance to the old Bounty Hunter volcano. Although it was considered the safest place for Green dragon hunting, there has been a rise in player killers at this area due to its popularity, and the fact players must bypass this area to access the revenants. Warning: If you take the level 39 entrance you may have to pass through revenants and other dangerous monsters in the Dungeon to get to the spot.
- Daemonheim: On the Abandoned set of floors. These dragons are much more dangerous, as they range from low to very high levels and also do magic attacks, plus long-range firebreath.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel platelegs 1 Common 246 Adamant full helm 1 Common 1,591 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 793
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 102 Mithril hatchet 1 Common 110 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 176 Rune dagger 1 Uncommon 4,149
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 75–150 Common 1,500–3,000 Fire rune 37 Common 2,146 Nature rune 15, 30, 75 Common 5,460–27,300 Law rune 3 Common 1,302
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 17,236 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy irit 1 Common 2,182 Grimy harralander 1 Common 83 Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 428 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 3,957 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 2,026 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 127 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 35 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,631 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 3,686 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 6,764 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 6,858
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 11–440 Common Not sold Bass 1 Common 473 Perfect green dragon scale 1 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,321 Green dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Dragon egg 1 Very rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- ^ Only while performing Vannaka's Slayer challenge.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list.
- ^ Must be 99 Summoning.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,082 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,082 Uncut ruby 1 Common 2,850 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,112 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 27,107 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 30,352 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,972 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,961 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,620 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,162 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,240 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,280 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,423 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,781 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,574,600 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,227 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,343 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,602 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,243 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 11,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,258,950 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 95,152 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,887 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 65,700–91,980 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 63,100–88,340 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 560 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 416 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 21,840–29,120 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,680 Law rune 45 Rare 19,530 Death rune 50 Rare 17,600 Blood rune 50 Rare 24,700 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 55,750–111,500 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 285,000 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 88,500–106,200 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 151,250–192,500 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 198,150–330,250 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,063,600 Rune bar 1 Common 14,177 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 708,850 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 117,530–151,110 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 111,480–130,060 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 87,952–186,898 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 1,445 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 15,733 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,590 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 476,637–1,112,153 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,491,060 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 160,650–196,350 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- On 5 July 2010, green dragons received a graphical update with the release of the Love Story quest.
- There used to be four different variations of Green dragons; after the above mentioned update, however, there are only three variations of Green dragons.
- There is a wallpaper called Return of the Wilderness that was available from 26 January 2011 that has the Green dragon featured on the right hand side of it.
- In the Hallowe'en 2011 event the player had to choose a green dragon to represent Death in statue form.
- Green dragons are the only chromatic dragons to not have an attackable baby counterpart.