|Release date||1 December 2003 (Update)|
|XP per kill||198 (and 65.3 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and Green dragonhide|
|Examine text||Must be related to Elvarg.|
Green dragons are the weakest of the four adult chromatic dragons and the weakest adult dragon that can breathe fire in RuneScape, with a combat level of 63. They mainly attack with magic and a long-ranged dragonbreath attack. If the player is in melee distance, they can also use melee. As with all adult dragons, wielding an Anti-dragon shield or Dragonfire shield, using Protect from Magic, or being under the effects of a Super antifire potion are a must, otherwise they can breathe fire which can deal extremely high damage (1000+). They are also the only one of the four chromatic dragons that don't have an attackable baby form; baby Green dragons are only available as level 99 Summoning pets. They can be found in various locations throughout the Wilderness as well as the Chaos Tunnels.
Killing Green dragons for their bones and hides is one of the oldest methods of money making in RuneScape. A combined inventory of Dragon bones and Green dragonhides is worth approximately 66,000gp. The 1 February 2011 updates, which removed revenants from the Wilderness and brought back player killers, sharply increased green dragonhide prices. Later, they decreased again as botters returned to Runescape. The bones and dragonhides are commonly utilised by players training Prayer and Crafting respectively, creating the demand for these two items.
If assigned for a slayer task, Brutal green dragons may take their place. However, this requires the completion of the Barbarian Firemaking training.
Note: There is no guarantee that there will be no PKers, and it is up to players to take caution.
- 3 Green dragons: (level 12-18 Wilderness) North of Goblin Village and west of Dark Warriors' Fortress. Note: No longer has safespots. Players in the Wilderness may also attack you, though this is rarely patrolled due to players being able to teleport immediately out. Seldom crowded.
- 5 Green dragons: (level 48-52 Wilderness) South-east of the Lava Maze. This spot may be patrolled by pkers.
- 12 Green dragons: (level 26-32 Wilderness) East of Boneyard. The most popular area to kill green dragons. The chance to get player killed in this area is small to non existent.
- Chaos Tunnels (Baby black dragons) making this area somewhat irritating for many players. There are 3 Green dragons in one cave and 4 Green dragons in the other; see the map of the Tunnels in the article for more information.
- 5 Green dragons: Forinthry Dungeon (around level 17 and 18 Wilderness). They are just beside the Greater demons area. It can be accessed in level 39 or level 22 Wilderness, near the southwest entrance to the old Bounty Hunter volcano. Although it was considered the safest place for Green dragon hunting, there has been a rise in player killers at this area due to it's popularity, and the fact players must bypass this area to access the revenants. Warning: If you take the level 39 entrance you may have to pass through revenants and other dangerous monsters in the Dungeon to get to the spot.
- Daemonheim: On the Abandoned set of floors. These dragons are much more dangerous, as they range from low to very high levels and also do magic attacks, plus long-range firebreath.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel platelegs 1 Common 269 Adamant full helm 1 Common 1,564 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 833
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 113 Mithril hatchet 1 Common 108 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 217 Rune dagger 1 Uncommon 4,250
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Water rune 75–150 Common 2,100–4,200 Fire rune 37 Common 1,813 Nature rune 15, 30, 75 Common 4,320–21,600 Law rune 3 Common 1,449
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 17,172 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Grimy irit 1 Common 2,548 Grimy harralander 1 Common 130 Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 564 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,412 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 2,307 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 125 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 44 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 3,126 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 3,511 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 9,004 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 9,373
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 11–440 Common Not sold Bass 1 Common 414 Perfect green dragon scale 1 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 1,960 Green dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Dragon egg 1 Very rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- ^ Only while performing Vannaka's Slayer challenge.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list.
- ^ Must be 99 Summoning.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,255 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,751 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,546 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,843 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 32,996 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 42,167 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,502 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,984 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,452 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,131 Rune javelin 5 Rare 840 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,280 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,356 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,419 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,478 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,529,400 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 21,988 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,603 Shield left half 1 Very rare 63,247 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,600 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 13,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,272,600 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 107,406 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 16,022 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 134,875–188,825 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 131,350–183,890 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 973 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 424 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 17,280–23,040 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,780 Law rune 45 Rare 21,735 Death rune 50 Rare 13,150 Blood rune 50 Rare 19,900 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 51,375–102,750 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 327,500 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 96,900–116,280 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 132,550–168,700 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 294,000–490,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,067,000 Rune bar 1 Common 13,906 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 695,300 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 140,630–180,810 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 150,900–176,050 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 133,536–283,764 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,539 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 36,153 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 6,519 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 414,126–966,294 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,137,860 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 171,900–210,100 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
- On 5 July 2010, green dragons received a graphical update with the release of the Love Story quest.
- There used to be four different variations of Green dragons; after the above mentioned update, however, there are only three variations of Green dragons.
- There is a wallpaper called Return of the Wilderness that was available from 26 January 2011 that has the Green dragon featured on the right hand side of it.
- In the Hallowe'en 2011 event the player had to choose a green dragon to represent Death in statue form.
- Green dragons are the only chromatic dragons to not have an attackable baby counterpart.