|Release date||1 December 2003 (Update)|
|XP per kill||198 (and 65.3 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and Green dragonhide|
|Examine text||Must be related to Elvarg.|
Green dragons are the weakest of the four adult chromatic dragons and the weakest adult dragon that can breathe fire in RuneScape, with a combat level of 63. They mainly attack with magic and a long-ranged dragonbreath attack. If the player is in melee distance, they can also use melee. As with all adult dragons, wielding an Anti-dragon shield or Dragonfire shield, using Protect from Magic, or being under the effects of a Super antifire potion are a must, otherwise they can breathe fire which can deal extremely high damage (1000+). They are also the only one of the four chromatic dragons that don't have an attackable baby form; baby Green dragons are only available as level 99 Summoning pets. They can be found in various locations throughout the Wilderness as well as the Chaos Tunnels.
Killing Green dragons for their bones and hides is one of the oldest methods of money making in RuneScape. A combined inventory of Dragon bones and Green dragonhides is worth approximately 77,000gp. The 1 February 2011 updates, which removed revenants from the Wilderness and brought back player killers, sharply increased green dragonhide prices. Later, they decreased again as botters returned to Runescape. The bones and dragonhides are commonly utilised by players training Prayer and Crafting respectively, creating the demand for these two items.
If assigned for a slayer task, Brutal green dragons may take their place. However, this requires the completion of the Barbarian Firemaking training.
Note: There is no guarantee that there will be no PKers, and it is up to players to take caution.
- 3 Green dragons: (level 12-18 Wilderness) North of Goblin Village and west of Dark Warriors' Fortress. Note: No longer has safespots. Players in the Wilderness may also attack you, though this is rarely patrolled due to players being able to teleport immediately out. Seldom crowded.
- 5 Green dragons: (level 48-52 Wilderness) South-east of the Lava Maze. This spot may be patrolled by pkers.
- 12 Green dragons: (level 26-32 Wilderness) East of Boneyard. The most popular area to kill green dragons. The chance to get player killed in this area is small to non existent.
- Chaos Tunnels (Baby black dragons) making this area somewhat irritating for many players. There are 3 Green dragons in one cave and 4 Green dragons in the other; see the map of the Tunnels in the article for more information.
- 5 Green dragons: Forinthry Dungeon (around level 17 and 18 Wilderness). They are just beside the Greater demons area. It can be accessed in level 39 or level 22 Wilderness, near the southwest entrance to the old Bounty Hunter volcano. Although it was considered the safest place for Green dragon hunting, there has been a rise in player killers at this area due to it's popularity, and the fact players must bypass this area to access the revenants. Warning: If you take the level 39 entrance you may have to pass through revenants and other dangerous monsters in the Dungeon to get to the spot.
- Daemonheim: On the Abandoned set of floors. These dragons are much more dangerous, as they range from low to very high levels and also do magic attacks, plus long-range firebreath.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel platelegs 1 Common 294 Adamant full helm 1 Common 1,497 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 751
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel battleaxe 1 Common 120 Mithril hatchet 1 Common 105 Mithril spear 1 Uncommon 216 Rune dagger 1 Uncommon 4,199
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Water rune 75–150 Common 2,700–5,400 Fire rune 37 Common 1,036 Nature rune 15, 30, 75 Common 4,200–21,000 Law rune 3 Common 966
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 17,117 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy irit 1 Common 2,601 Grimy harralander 1 Common 148 Grimy guam 1 Uncommon 728 Grimy avantoe 1 Uncommon 4,311 Grimy cadantine 1 Uncommon 1,990 Grimy marrentill 1 Uncommon 125 Grimy tarromin 1 Uncommon 40 Grimy ranarr 1 Uncommon 2,843 Grimy kwuarm 1 Uncommon 4,029 Grimy lantadyme 1 Uncommon 9,277 Grimy dwarf weed 1 Uncommon 9,513
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 11–440 Common Not sold Bass 1 Common 322 Perfect green dragon scale 1 Common Not sold Adamantite ore 1 Uncommon 2,031 Green dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Dragon egg 1 Very rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Very rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
- ^ Only while performing Vannaka's Slayer challenge.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list.
- ^ Must be 99 Summoning.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,497 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,726 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,819 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,238 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 17,339 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 38,320 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,219 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,390 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,551 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,216 Rune javelin 5 Rare 860 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,549 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,389 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,411 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 827,550 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,253 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,727 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,266 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,252 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,254,300 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,650–75,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,598,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 104,649 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 12,616 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 69,275–96,985 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 69,450–97,230 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 968 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 368 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 9,500–285,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,600–22,400 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,880 Law rune 45 Rare 14,490 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 10,150–24,563 Blood rune 50 Rare 16,000 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 51,250–410,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 483,250–966,500 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 106,200–354,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 41,250–2,062,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 304,650–1,624,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,145,500 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,531,000–24,717,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 14,436–721,800 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 132,550–1,325,500 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 136,950–547,800 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 89,170–891,700 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,130 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 68,298–3,414,900 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 139,158–974,106 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,367,180 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,514 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 20,750–8,300,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- On 5 July 2010, green dragons received a graphical update with the release of the Love Story quest.
- There used to be four different variations of Green dragons; after the above mentioned update, however, there are only three variations of Green dragons.
- There is a wallpaper called Return of the Wilderness that was available from 26 January 2011 that has the Green dragon featured on the right hand side of it.
- In the Hallowe'en 2011 event the player had to choose a green dragon to represent Death in statue form.
- Green dragons are the only chromatic dragons to not have an attackable baby counterpart.