Greegrees are used for transforming into a primate, however their use is bound to the island of Ape Atoll. When in the primate form, all monsters on the island become non-aggressive. There are eight different greegrees altogether: a Karamjan monkey greegree; a small and medium ninja monkey greegree; a small and big zombie monkey greegree; a normal, bearded, and blue faced gorilla greegree. To make a greegree, a player must take a monkey talisman and the corresponding primate bones or corpse to Zooknock, who can be found in the Marim dungeon. Each greegree transforms the player into the corresponding primate of the greegree when wielded. This effect is only in place on Ape Atoll as Zooknock cannot use his magic over long distances. Be aware that a greegree may not be wielded while in combat.
The greegrees are useful in the Monkey Madness and the Recipe for Disaster quests. At the very start of Monkey Madness, players will only be able to obtain a Monkey talisman by talking to the crying child in the house to the west of the monkey settlement when wearing the M'speak amulet. When they have had the greegree charged by Zooknock, additional Monkey Talismans can be bought from the Magic stall for 1,000 coins each.
|Greegree||Transformation||Examine Text||Where to get bones||Looks like|
|None||A magic talisman in shape of a monkey head.||N/A||N/A|
|Karamjan monkey||A mystical talisman in the shape of a Karamja monkey head.||Kill any monkey on Karamja or Mos Le'Harmless. Note that Monkey corpses also work.|
Monkey Archer or one of the ninja monkeys
|A mystical talisman in the shape of a small/medium ninja monkey head.||Small: Kill any Monkey Archer on the platforms around Ape Atoll. They can be Meleed and the bones can be picked up normally.|
Medium: Step out into the light area in the middle of the warehouse. You will be discovered by the guards and a large guard will advance on you. Quickly use a Greegree of any kind. If you are lucky, you won't get attacked, and Karam, the Gnome assassin, will kill the large monkey, leaving its bones. You can also kill Padulah, which is a lot harder. PS: The medium talisman will not allow you to use the hollow log near the Fairy Ring.
|Monkey Zombie||A mystical talisman in the shape of a small/big zombie monkey head.||Small: In the Temple of Marimbo basement.|
Big: In the Temple basement and in the Ape Atoll Dungeon.
|Monkey Guard||A mystical talisman in the shape of a gorilla/bearded gorilla head.||Normal: Kill any gorilla in the Temple of Marimbo.|
Bearded: Kill a gorilla standing near the ladder in the Temple.
|Blue-faced gorilla||A magical talisman in the shape of a mysterious monkey head.||Loot a Monkey skull from a Zombie impling.|
Additional information Edit
There are mahogany and teak trees in the jungle outside Marim on Ape Atoll. With any enchanted greegree equipped, the creatures on the island will not be aggressive. The zombie monkey greegree (using the bones from the zombie monkeys in the dungeon) is very slow (you cannot run when using it).
You will need to wear the M'speak amulet (or Cramulet) to speak monkey. The greegree may be used in the Ardougne zoo after the quest, but there are restrictions on where players may travel as a monkey.
- If you teleport out of Ape Atoll as a monkey, and you have no room for the greegree in your inventory, the greegree will be dropped on the floor at your feet.
- It is also possible to talk to Chuck while wielding the monkey greegree by clicking on him, and then quickly pressing space. Your player will stop walking, and conversation with Chuck will be the same as if you were a human.
- There are a few spaces around the border of Ardougne Zoo that you can equip a Greegree on.
- If you just had the Evil Bob random event and you quickly wield any of the greegrees you will ask yourself about if your experience really happened, with your monkey head.
- Zooknock says that there may be a way to attack while in monkey form in the future.
- As of 1 December 2010, the type of monkey associated with the Greegree became displayed in its name.
- On 22 February 2010, the monkey skull was released as a possible piece of loot from Zombie implings. The skull can be used to make a new greegree that transforms the player into a blue-faced gorilla.
- You can block the guards in the jail as a monkey so other players may escape more easily. Over a short period of time however, the guards will reset their positions if they are blocked for too long.
- As a Hard Ardougne Task you need to hold a Karamjan Monkey greegree and talk to a monkey minder who will put you in the monkey cage. To get out, just unequip the Karamjan Monkey greegree then talk to the monkey minder again and he will let you out of the cage.
- As an update on 20 July 2010, the transformation animation was changed.
- Switching to monkey form while getting attacked by a monkey skeleton in Zooknock's cave will result in your greegree slapped out of your hand (or onto the ground if there is no space in your inventory).
- The zombie monkeys (large and small) are the only monkey forms in which you can't run.
- The name greegree comes from gris-gris, a type of talisman used in voodoo.
- You cannot use the monkey greegree at the Monkey colony. Fortunately for you, colony monkeys aren't aggressive toward humans (indeed, they will refer to you as a "hairless ape").
- You are able to chop down trees as a monkey. However you will just stand there next to the tree, with no chopping sound and the logs will just appear in your inventory.
|Wikipedia has an article about:|