|Release date||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||124,800 coins|
|Low Alch||83,200 coins|
|Destroy||Drop (If you drop this item it will break. Are you sure you want to drop it?)|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price|| Broken:|
|Examine||Dharok the Wretched's Greataxe.|
If Dharok's Greataxe is wielded along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Dharok's barrows set, a special effect occurs called "the wretched strength". Attacks can deal more damage as the wielder's Lifepoints decrease, up to double damage at 10% lifepoints. This weapon is very slow, the same speed as a Two-handed sword, allowing opponents to attack you multiple times before you can attack once. However, if life points are intentionally kept very low, full Dharok's does more damage per second than even a Chaotic rapier, making it an effective, yet expensive, training weapon. Despite the fact that it is an axe, it is similar bonus-wise to a 2-handed sword because of its high slash bonus and very high damage output per hit. It is a very strong slashing weapon highly useful in disposing monsters weak to slash attacks.
"Dharoking" is a popular method of player killing utilising the full Dharok's set. A player will wear a full Dharok whilst fighting, and as their opponent deals more damage, they become stronger. This is usually used in conjunction with the lunar spell Vengeance to deal additional damage when injured. The maximum hit with the Dharok set effect is believed to be more than 1365. However, this is very dangerous, because if the player dies, which is made quite possible by their low health, their armour will degrade down to 0.
Dharok's greataxe is commonly used in the TzHaar city to fight the TzHaar-Ket and TzHaar-Xil, as the full set effect can do large amounts of damage with little effort and the drops received from training can pay for the cost of repairs.
- Dharok's greataxe can only be traded when undamaged or fully broken.
- If you drop this item it will degrade to "0".
A player wielding dharok's greataxe
|[view] • [talk]|
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 15 hours of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again. Barrows armour degrades even if the player is using protection prayers or not taking damage. Like the crystal shield and crystal bow, Barrows equipment does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. Fully repaired Barrows items start out with no numbers in their names, e.g. Dharok's greataxe. It will become Dharok's greataxe 100 the first time it's used in combat. Eventually it will degrade to Dharok's greataxe 75, then 50, then 25 and finally 0 at which point the armour will be unusable until repaired. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded.
When dropped or lost on death (even when placed under a gravestone), any piece of Barrows equipment will automatically degrade to 0. Players who attempt to drop Barrows equipment will receive a warning message about this.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
| Costs to repair|
|NPC||POH Armour Stand|
|Level 1 Smithing||Level 99 Smithing|
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.|
Enter your smithing level here to calculate how much it would cost to repair the Dharok's greataxe on an Armour stand:
template = Barrows repair/calc form = repairForm result = repairResult param = price||300000|hidden param = level|Smithing Level (1-105)|1|int|1-105
- In the quest While Guthix Sleeps, at one point the player's combat stats are increased to 255. Theoretically the Dharok set special would be able to hit 2700+ on the Tormented Demon; however the player's lifepoints will instantly restore to 2550 when damage is taken, so it is not possible for a player to lower their lifepoints enough.
- During the Graphical Update, Dharok's greataxe was first held over the shoulder, with both hands, then over the shoulder again, then it got glitched because Jagex kept on varying it. This has been fixed by Jagex. To do the glitch, players would hold a Dharok's greataxe and open their combat interface menu. It would glitch and result in it being held the same as the Dragon longsword is.
- The graphics of the Greataxe in a player's inventory remained the same after the graphical update, and differs from when it is equipped in terms of looks. After the Champion's Challenge and Hairstyles update, the sprite was changed to match the look of the greataxe when you wield it. On 28 July 2009, the greataxe received a graphical makeover.
- After the 28 July 2009 Animation Pack updates, the greataxe held by Dharok the Wretched at the Barrows activity remained unchanged.
- Currently the Dharok's greataxe has no proper walking or running animation. it has a default animation, similar to a player running/walking with it in a free world.
- The greataxe appears to have a different inventory display for every level of degradation (100, 75, 50, 25, 0). It is the only degrading item to do so, most others only have a "100" and "0" (or "worn-out") display.
- The difference between the Dharok's Greataxe inventory icon and wielded model were resolved on 9 November 2009.
- In the Grand Exchange database the image of the Dharok's greataxe inventory and the model are not up to date.
- Balmung has a similar appearance and animation to Dharok's greataxe.
- The "broken" version of the greataxe resembles the old appearance of the weapon.
- The Local Thug who takes the place of Lucien after While Guthix Sleeps seems to be wielding the old version of this axe.
- When running with the greataxe you will hold it in one hand.
- There appears to be a blue, rune-coloured Dharok's Greataxe at 0:25 in the "Vote YES/NO/I DON'T CARE, RuneScape Free Trade & the Wilderness" video on the RuneScape official Youtube channel. It appears that the blue axe is wielded by Cow1337killr, who held a similar weapon during a cutscene from Animal Magnetism.
After the player model update that came alongside the God Wars Dungeon update, players appear to be holding the greataxe by the blade rather than the handle. This has yet to be fixed.
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
| Dragon Halberd||Strongest and most accurate weapon in RuneScape|| Godsword|
|Ahrim the Blighted|
|Dharok the Wretched|
|Guthan the Infested|
|Karil the Tainted|
|Torag the Corrupted|
|Verac the Defiled|
|Akrisae the Doomed|
Culinaromancer's gloves 10 (barrows-themed gloves)