|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||6,528 coins|
|Low Alch||4,352 coins|
|Store price|| 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||This staff makes destructive spells more powerful.|
The Gravite staff is a 2h magic weapon released along with the Dungeoneering skill. It requires 55 Magic and 45 Dungeoneering to wield. It can be purchased from the rewards trader for 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens, which would realistically require a Dungeoneering level of 64 to obtain. As with all gravite weapons, it lasts about 10 hours in combat before it needs to be recharged.
The Gravite Staff is currently the strongest and most accurate Magic weapon in the Free-to-Play game.
After the Evolution of Combat update, the Weapon Damage of Magic users are now largely determined by the equipment and spell they are using. In F2P, a player 99 Magic and casting the spell Fire Blast will find the weapon damage of this weapon to be 1420. In comparison, the Gravite 2h sword has a base weapon damage value of 1229. This gives the Gravite 2h sword a weapon damage value of 1377 at 99 Strength. Even level 75 magic, the weapon damage for a Gravite Staff casting Fire Blast will be 1390. This effectively makes the Gravite Staff the strongest weapon in the free game in terms of weapon damage, second to only the Corrupt dragon spear.
It should be noted, however, that this doesn't account for the skill bonus accuracy of the player. A player maxed melee stats will still be much more accurate than a player with average magic levels. With that said, the evolution of combat's stress on usage of the combat triangle mages magic users especially potent against melee'ers, even ones with vastly superior stats.
A player wielding a gravite staff
|[view] • [talk]|
Repair costs Edit
When first bought, the weapon is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 10,000 coins or 1,000 coins and 65 tokens.
- 90% charged – 100,000 coins or 10,000 coins and 650 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charge) – 1,000,000 coins or 100,000 coins and 6500 tokens.
- The gravite staff used to cost 90,000 Dungeoneering tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- While the actual Dungeoneering level required to buy this item is 45, the experience required to obtain the 40,000 tokens would bring the player to a bare minimum of 63, with 64 being the realistic expectation due to the rounding down of Xp values when rewarding tokens.
Ahrim's • Ancient Enhanced • Blisterwood • Broken • Caitlin's • Crozier • Dominion • Dramen • Iban's • Lunar • MindspikeTower • Penance trident • Pharaoh's sceptre • Polypore • Rod of Ivandis • Sacred clay • Skull sceptre • Slayer's • Staff of Armadyl • Staff of light • StarfireStarfury • Third-age druidic • Toktz-mej-tal • Wizards' Tower Zuriel's corrupt