|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 40,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A small bow, only effective at short distance.|
The Gravite shortbow is a ranged weapon obtained as a reward through the Dungeoneering skill. It can use arrows up to Runite. The gravite shortbow requires a Ranged level of 45 and a Dungeoneering level of 45 to wield. Each gravite shortbow initially starts at 20% charge, with a fully charged gravite shortbow lasting 10 hours in combat before it cannot be used. Once all the charges have been used up, it can be recharged for a fee by the Rewards trader.
The Gravite shortbow is currently the most accurate shortbow available in free-to-play worlds, surpassing the maple shortbow, which gives a ranged attack bonus of +29. It is possible to have a maximum ranged attack bonus of +88 with this bow in F2P, as it has 18 more ranged accuracy bonus than a maple shortbow. This brings the accuracy of this bow close to (but still below) that of a gravite 2h, but with a faster attack speed. A player with a high range level could possibly out-dps the gravite 2h with this weapon.
If one chooses to repair the shortbow with coins only it costs around 50 coins per shot, or 5 coins and 0.325 tokens if players choose otherwise.
The Gravite shortbow is better than the Maple longbow (sighted) for fighting players with low defence bonuses (such as pures, mages and non-tank rangers) due to a faster rate of fire and enhanced accuracy bonuses. Against full rune players, the extra +63 accuracy bonus of the Maple longbow (sighted) will be more useful and result in greater damage dealt per second overall.
A player wielding a gravite shortbow
|[view] • [talk]|
When first bought, the weapon is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 10,000 coins or 1,000 coins and 65 tokens.
- 90% charged – 100,000 coins or 10,000 coins and 650 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charge) – 1,000,000 coins or 100,000 coins and 6,500 tokens.
|Costs of repairing and using a Gravite shortbow (not including costs of arrows)|
|1,000,000 coins over 10 hours|
100,000 coins per hour
|66 coins per shot||50 coins per shot|
|100,000 coins + 6,500 tokens over 10 hours|
10,000 coins + 650 tokens per hour
|6.6 coins + 0.429 tokens per shot||5 coins + 0.325 tokens per shot|
- As of May 21, 2012, the Gravite Shortbow has been seen to have a visual bug. When you are standing in the rest position after adding a log to a fire you can see that the bow has a broken form.
- Even though the gravite shortbow can use arrows up to rune, Runescape's Knowledge Base says it can only use up to adamant.
- Since Ranged Attack Bonus only determines ranged accuracy, the gravite shortbow does not affect the maximum hit of your attacks, unlike all the other gravite weapons from Dungeoneering.
- The Gravite Shortbow is the 2nd most accurate bow in F2P (behind the maple longbow (sighted)).
- Because a maple longbow (sighted) has over twice the range bonus as the gravite shortbow, and the longbow sight costs only 10,000 tokens, getting the gravite shortbow is not a very popular weapon choice. Also, the Gravite shortbow degrades and needs continuous payment, whereas the sighted longbow does not degrade. However, the Gravite shortbow attacks faster than the sighted longbow, which is its main advantage and could deliver high blows much faster than the sighted longbow.
- The Gravite Shortbow used to cost 90,000 Dungeoneering Tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.